Specific hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@axluba I wouldn't worry about not getting the Poseidons-coming from a Poseidon diver*.

One other thing to think about with the SPG is what @Capt Jim Wyatt does. Since you'll be running single tank like you are, you'll need a 90* adapter on the HP port, but he has the SPG hose strapped to the corrugated hose on the inflator. It's actually a really slick setup

293583_846516197780_283235_n.jpg

True, I believe that your “under the left armpit” confit would work without 90* angle so I might try that one first but I kinda like the idea of the spg staying on the left side and visible without manipulation (cuz my right side will be a bid crowded)

If I can ask : why I shouldn’t worry about missing out on that Poseidon reg? Granted it’s overbuilt for my needs and I wanted it for the cool factor (and more expensive to get serviced) but I’d be curious to know the reasons (from a Poseidon diver).

Heard that they where easier to get parts and service yoursel

@axluba correct, no adapters requiredfor under-arm routing.

The Poseidon's have the advantage of you being able to take the service course yourself and are truly brilliant regulators, but the first stage won't allow you to have 3 outlets on one side.

for hose routing reasons, I do actually use a Scubapro MK25 first stage with my Jetstream and Xstream second stages. Use the MK25 because of a unique buying circumstance, but the goal was a 5-port swivel regulator to use as primary regulators. I use Poseidon first stages on stage/deco bottles because they're small and relatively lightweight, but for doubles/singles/sidemount, the swivel turrets are worth it

Isn’t the 1st stage of the xstream a 5 lp port (no swivel turret)? My idea was with a 90 elbow on the port aligned with the valve to route a hose to the right. But I might be completely wrong.

How is the jetstream/xstream combined with mk25 doing? Are they rooted with standard hose or Poseidon hose (I know older Poseidon were using proprietary hoses but I don’t know what part of the connection was specific) Really stupid but those Poseidon reg have an hypnotic effect on me! (Also I like to do my own repair/maintenance)

This is just for the sake of discussion and personal culture not to actually spend more money now.

@axluba the 5th port is on the front of the first stage. You could certainly put a LP elbow on the front for the LPI hose, nothing wrong with that, just an extra piece to buy.

The combo works fine. There is obviously only so accurate a piston reg can get with IP adjustment, so it is critical that the second stages are tuned on the first stage, but I've been doing that for several years with no issues. They use standard hoses, I have omniswivel adapters on all of my regulators.

I'll refrain from showing you the boxes of Poseidon regulators and parts that I have sitting in my shop right now.... There are probably close to 3 dozen regulator sets right now. I need to do inventory....

thank you for your answers.

I could see myself falling into that rabbit hole pretty easily as I have a weakness for mechanical engineering... I think I'll end up buying an Xstream or jetstream set at some point... and if it's only "a" it will mean that I didn't fall too deep:D

Little update, current configuration:

- mk25evo
- s600 on the 5th port, going straight down, on a miflex hose 100cm, under the right arm and coming up on a 110 degree elbow.
- lpi on the right shoulder
- r195 sage second on short hose, necklace, I swapped the hose side and rugged it on the left to leave my right side clutterfree
- spg under my left arm and bolt snapped to a D-ring on my left strap on my floating ribs. I might need a slightly shorter hose for my spg

It seems to work well. I think I’ll keep this configuration for a while and tweak it slowly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom