Spg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the Drink, you will find a LOT of the prescriptions of the DIR approach may be confusing when examined out of context. One of the basic ideas is "begin as you mean to go on", which means that the equipment setup is designed to scale nicely from recreational single tanks to the multiple bottle horrors that enter Wakulla.

But as Don says, keep asking questions, and even buck a recommendation or two. We are supposed to be thinking divers, and there should be a good answer for any question, "Why?"

I guess my question stems a little from the fact that I'm about two inches from being able to see my SPG when clipped by glancing down.

I was surprised once I started doing it how much happier I was keeping my head up the whole time. There's virtually nothing that requires you to put your head down (and, mind you, this is starting from the head waay back position), and doing so often does bad things to trim and even buoyancy. It may seem like you just need two inches, but really you need to get that thing up in your field of vision without moving your head. Your situational awareness and trim will be much improved as a result.

you will find a LOT of the prescriptions of the DIR approach may be confusing when examined out of context.

Yup, that's for sure!!! :wink:

One of the basic ideas is "begin as you mean to go on", which means that the equipment setup is designed to scale nicely from recreational single tanks to the multiple bottle horrors that enter Wakulla.

This is the part that's beginning to dawn on me now :D

But as Don says, keep asking questions, and even buck a recommendation or two. We are supposed to be thinking divers, and there should be a good answer for any question, "Why?"

I agree wholeheartedly and very glad to know that DIR embraces it :)

Cheers,
J

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom