Spiegle Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have dove the spiegle three times and it is an excellent dive. I am looking for a set of blueprints to go deeper into the ship

Check with the Chamber of Commerce in Key Largo.

Eric Flickinger:
I have dove the spiegle three times and it is an excellent dive. I am looking for a set of blueprints to go deeper into the ship
Most of the dive shops that serve that site offer laminated floorplans for divers for a fee.

hi eric flickinger
what time of year did you dive spiegle
I hear the current around that ship can be hariy

s7595:
hi eric flickinger

I dove the speigel grove last week on Weds. with horizon divers. There was very little current on the descent, but the ascent I felt like a flag flying in the breeze during the safety stop. It sure made getting back on the boat a challenge. We also had to monitor our depth guage on the safety stop because there must have been 15-20 people trying to do their safety stop at 15 ft, which pulled the buoy deeper in the water. Eventually we ended up at about about 22 ft. Not a big deal, just something to monitor.

s7595:
hi eric flickinger

I have dove the spiegle twice in February and this last time in March 14th I believe. Other then the waves being a little rough the current was fairly calm all three times. Even if I had to hold on from start to finish I would still do the grove.

what makes it such a great dive ?

s7595:
what makes it such a great dive ?
That's a good question. No lobsters, no artifacts, no spear fishing, not that much growth yet. When u get there operators say "no penetration" (as if the scuba police are there).
It is however a mamoth intact artificial reef (a wreck is something that was .... well wrecked to end up on the bottom) Visability is fairly good, and photo ops are abundant.

I only waited abt 6 years to dive it, and got to do 2 dives on it in Dec and 3 in Jan.

Back
Top Bottom