Spiro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Serious....yes, especially if the 1st stage you have has the dry enviro seal rather than the oil type.
The T20 is mechanically identical to all the current Apeks 2nd stages. It's only known problem was a poor inhalation diaphragm that would "taco" after a few years....an easy replacement.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 05:08 PM ----------

mmmmm......now looking at your pic it looks like you have the "Pioneer" balanced piston 1st stage.
Nothing wrong with it but that said USD/Aqualung make great diaphragm regs.....not so much balanced pistons.

Still, Uwatec gauges, Arctic and Apeks 2nd stages are still a nice deal.

.....I may be mistaken with IDing your 1st stage as it's a bit fuzzy.

Your a genius fish pie.. I was apprehensive about buying 2nd hand regs, I'm a new diver and all my other kit is brand new, I still want brand new to be honest but £55 just seemed to good.

I got my aow open water dive in 1 week tommorrow in a cold british quarry so I'm hoping there ok for that,

Rocky

Stoney Cove ..... burrrrr

btw ... the T20 is still a pretty good cold water reg as it has a metal internal air barrel.
The Arctic is a great cold water reg. It has two heat sinks and for very, very cold water it is an advantage for it not to be balanced.

I got my aow open water dive in 1 week tommorrow in a cold british quarry so I'm hoping there ok for that,

Will that be the first time you're breathing off them underwater? Personally, I would not jump right in the water and start diving used regs with an unknown service history, especially for a deep dive... in cold water. Would hate to see you get to that quarry and discover that you're on surface patrol while everyone else is diving. Hate even more to hear that something went wrong with the gear on a dive. Did you at least test the regs on a tank before laying out money?

No rjp,, your absolutely correct, I was just in a rush to get all my own gear. I haven't even got my own tank to pressure them up,
My plan was to just get them serviced and then jump right in.
I'm going to put them back up for sale and use the money I get for some brand new ones that I actually want.
Rentals on Saturday it is then :)

Rocky

No rjp,, your absolutely correct, I was just in a rush to get all my own gear. I haven't even got my own tank to pressure them up,
My plan was to just get them serviced and then jump right in.
I'm going to put them back up for sale and use the money I get for some brand new ones that I actually want.
Rentals on Saturday it is then :)

Rocky

Apeks DS4 first stage with 2x apeks atx 40 second stages and gauge. Should run you about £250. You don't need anything more than that for UK diving

Thank you rivers in looking online now, when I buy brand new should I still get them serviced??

Rocky

That's what I thought :/ lol

Rocky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom