Splashdown - December 15, 2005 - Wreck/Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
It also doesn't have the same wide angle 35mm equivelant. I have looked at it... It doesn't seem like it's as good as the S70's features, just more MP.

The S80 shares the same optics as the S70, so yes, 28mm eq. It has a better focus system. The S70 focus system can be slow, and frustrating at times. Unfortunately Canon decided to do away with RAW, and CF card support.

I'll stick with my S70.

I am mistaken, and it also looks like the S80 has a larger screen too.

I just read that the S80's jpeg has only a 10% difference in quality compared to the S70's raw.

Now the question would be, is there a big difference between CF and SD? SD is a smaller chip. Why would one prefer one over the other. Both cost about $60 on average for 1GB stick.

The only real plus I can see at this point is that the S80 has better focusing system as RonFrank mentioned, it has a bigger screen (probably better for underwater) and that it's negligibly lighter.

aabond:
I just read that the S80's jpeg has only a 10% difference in quality compared to the S70's raw.

Now the question would be, is there a big difference between CF and SD? SD is a smaller chip. Why would one prefer one over the other. Both cost about $60 on average for 1GB stick.

The only real plus I can see at this point is that the S80 has better focusing system as RonFrank mentioned, it has a bigger screen (probably better for underwater) and that it's negligibly lighter.

You can try our S70 next week if you want to give it a try out.

Hi Howard,
Just got the Firewire card on my computer to work sweet! video! My homade case work's ok and now I.m going to build the same unit out of sch 80 and 3/4" lexon lens for several wrecks we have at 165 FSW .
2 things with UW video I see now is Light and lots of it,More light!and a battery to run it! Building Lights with new LED bulbs sweeeeeeeeT!
This UW video will be nice now i have to re dive our local wreck sites and do up some videos, A great thing for folks to see as the viz in LakeMichigan/Great lakes get much more clear each year!
You guys on the Atlantic have the Marine life TON's of it! we have the wrecks!

Looks like I'm back down the end of the first weekend of January for several days if any ones diving?
otherwise I will just hang with old Kevin on Splashdown!

Dive safe Guys& Gals and more videos we love em up here in Cooooold Wisconsin!
Brad

moneysavr:
Hi Howard,
Just got the Firewire card on my computer to work sweet! video! My homade case work's ok and now I.m going to build the same unit out of sch 80 and 3/4" lexon lens for several wrecks we have at 165 FSW .
2 things with UW video I see now is Light and lots of it,More light!and a battery to run it! Building Lights with new LED bulbs sweeeeeeeeT!
This UW video will be nice now i have to re dive our local wreck sites and do up some videos, A great thing for folks to see as the viz in LakeMichigan/Great lakes get much more clear each year!
You guys on the Atlantic have the Marine life TON's of it! we have the wrecks!

Looks like I'm back down the end of the first weekend of January for several days if any ones diving?
otherwise I will just hang with old Kevin on Splashdown!

Dive safe Guys& Gals and more videos we love em up here in Cooooold Wisconsin!
Brad

So you're not heading down in December?

moneysavr:
Nope,the date was moved back!
will you guys be around?
Brad

As of now... we're heading to Colorado on the 4th of Jan... Return date is TBD.

- Hey - anyone other than andrew interested in going on thursday? IF the seas cooperate?

Just in from Breck! Had a great time on the hill, finally started dumping the day before we leave. You and Michelle were tearing it up on the mountain. Maybe one day I'll be in form. I'll call in the morning and see if there's room for 1 more.

Jamie

Jamie... There is definitely room... I just spoke to Lynn... and we are doing the Castor then a reef. I'm going to try my NEW HOUSING!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom