Split fin query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why splits? You might be happier if you simply try different fins, including splits, and get the ones that work best for you.

Hi ,:D

If i was you, I'd see if there is a posability of trying the fins, as i didnt and just bought a pair i was advised on, and well im selling them... :banghead:

It really depends on the split fins you buy, and keep in mind for what kind of dives you want them for, as mine the scubapro twin speed were pretty useless even with just a little bit of current...

Gatistrufi:
Hi ,:D

If i was you, I'd see if there is a posability of trying the fins, as i didnt and just bought a pair i was advised on, and well im selling them... :banghead:

It really depends on the split fins you buy, and keep in mind for what kind of dives you want them for, as mine the scubapro twin speed were pretty useless even with just a little bit of current...

Gatistrufi: If you want a strong kicking fin that still offers the split fin benefits consider:

www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Fins/Biofin_XT.htm

The Xtra Torque bio-fin model uses all natural rubber. The fin is stiffer than the original bio-fin pro black. It has the "feel" of a tradtional paddle style fin. It has great low end torque and works with all styles of kicks.

mdb:
Gatistrufi: If you want a strong kicking fin that still offers the split fin benefits consider:

The Xtra Torque bio-fin model uses all natural rubber. The fin is stiffer than the original bio-fin pro black. It has the "feel" of a tradtional paddle style fin. It has great low end torque and works with all styles of kicks.

The only downside to these (and all splits) that I have personally found is that they don't turn as well as a paddle-style fin like a Volo. That said, the XTs are great and I thought they were more manuverable that the other splits I've tried.

A

I can easily do a scull and a helicopter turn in my Twin Jets. That being said, I almost always dive my low-tech Jet Fins. :D

The Atomic would be the best because they are the stiffest for use with a drysuit. The others don't provide enough propulsion in strong currents, waves, or with the amount of gear that drysuit divers sometimes wear.

CrazyScuba:
The Atomic would be the best because they are the stiffest for use with a drysuit. The others don't provide enough propulsion in strong currents, waves, or with the amount of gear that drysuit divers sometimes wear.

CrazyScuba: This is an inaccurate and incorrect statement.

The higher grade split fins, AquaLung, Apollo, Atomic, Oceanic, Scuba-Pro, Tusa, will all do well in current when kicked correctly.

If divers prefer a stiffer version of the split fin technology they are also available from several dive companies.

The Apollo fin bio-fin pro XT model has been tested as the fastest split fin regardless of conditions.

www.scubadiving.com/gear/fins/fin_fight/1/

Walter:
Why splits? You might be happier if you simply try different fins, including splits, and get the ones that work best for you.

Would ask the same question here. Why splits? Have you tried some different fins before and decided you want splits? If so, then you have probably got some good alternatives out there to decided on. But if you haven't try the different types of fins (paddle vs. splits), I would suggest you do before narrowing your choices among splits only.

I am one of those who tried and wasn't impressed with it. In any case, just hope you can actually get a fin you will really WANT to use them. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom