Splitting a set of Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdcrouch

New
Reaction score
I've just bought (picking up this weekend) a set of PST LP120's with a 200 Bar manifold. As it is late in the season and this is my first double, I do want to use them on my next dive but not as doubles. Also, I don’t want to get into a huge boyency issue with two 120’s straped on my back. What is the procedure for splitting them up? The valves are DIN with yoke adapters. Do you back out the manifold and screw in a cap. I'm going to go to my regular shop but I'd like to know what should happen before I go. I’ll put them back together to play arround with them at my club pool session.

jdcrouch:
I've just bought (picking up this weekend) a set of PST LP120's with a 200 Bar manifold. As it is late in the season and this is my first double, I do want to use them on my next dive but not as doubles. Also, I don’t want to get into a huge boyency issue with two 120’s straped on my back. What is the procedure for splitting them up? The valves are DIN with yoke adapters. Do you back out the manifold and screw in a cap. I'm going to go to my regular shop but I'd like to know what should happen before I go. I’ll put them back together to play arround with them at my club pool session.
Some manifolds have inserts to plug the holes where the isolator goes. Only odd things is that you will have one tank with an opposite Knob.

First thing... empty them.

Lay them flat, loosen the nuts on the bolts a bit and spin the isolator a bit to give you some room then slide the bands down and off, making sure to keep the tanks square with each other, otherwise you can tweak the isolator. Spin the isolator til it's off, screw in some plugs and you're done.

That being said, this isn't something you want to be doing often, assembling doubles can be a serious PITA.

Ben

OneBrightGator:
First thing... empty them.

Lay them flat, loosen the nuts on the bolts a bit and spin the isolator a bit to give you some room then slide the bands down and off, making sure to keep the tanks square with each other, otherwise you can tweak the isolator. Spin the isolator til it's off, screw in some plugs and you're done.

That being said, this isn't something you want to be doing often, assembling doubles can be a serious PITA.

Ben

He didn't indicate if he had barrel type of manifold or the din type (original OMS)
It will make slight difference in the separation.

this isn't something you want to be doing often, assembling doubles can be a serious PITA.

once a year for VIP is too frequent for me.(although I do it)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom