Spoilers: Harry Potter 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1:
I don't remember for sure since I'm already almost through another series but....IIRC it was hinted at that Snape did have a used book. I think D is comming back and that Snape is nowhere near the bad guy he was made out to be. There is some reason that D let Snape finally have the Defense class after all this time. Wonder if Snape is related to Harry somehow? Even if Harry doesn't go back to Hogwarts, I think the series will end there. It was hinted at strongly that V felt a strong tie to Hogwarts. Darn I wish the next book was out already!! I really hate having to get partway through a series then have to wait for the next book.

I also think Snape killing Dumbledore was part of the maste plan of D's. I do think though that Harry will be persuaded back to Hogwarts. She stated in the beginning that the books were to be Harry's 7 years at Hogwarts. As far as V's ties to Hogwarts, perhaps he has other Horcruxes there???? They talk about a snake being a possible Horcrux in this book. So I have been going back and re-reading all the others for clues. The only snakes that had any prominence were the Basilisk and the one that is always with V in book 4.
Yes waiting for the last book is agonizing. :doctor:

BabyDuck:
whoa! so hopefully it'll be out quickly, like the timeframe between 2 & 3. excellent! anybody else think crookshanks could be an animagus?

If you visit JK Rowlings site, she explains what Crookshanks is, he is half Kneazle, now I still have no idea what a Kneazle is, but he isn't an animagus. :D

A kneazle, to the best of my knowledge is like a really smart cat.

I went to the HBP release party in Amsterdam at the American Book Center. It was a GREAT time, you can see some pictures here. So I got the book there and read it pretty much the whole night, since I am a freak and would rather take a whole day out of my vacation to read the whole thing than read it on the five hour plane ride to Israel the next day. I think that Dumbledore will not make another appearance. His trust was sort of like his tragic flaw- something that should be a good trait ultimately leads to his downfall. I don't really know who RAB is, but I am not sure if it's someone we know. I don't think JKR would make it that apparent as it being Regulus Black, though I like to be surprised. I don't think there will be any portrait communication either. I was a little disappointed with McGonagall in the end; I thought she had it in her to be stronger. I think she's going to really be a good headmistress in the next book though. The next one is coming out in another two years, says JKR. It's fair enough... she just had her daughter and wants to spend some time with her before getting to work. I suggest people read the MuggleNet interviews. MuggleNet is arguably the best HP Fan Site out there, and the people from MuggleNet and the Leaky Couldron had a two-hour interview with her, it's in three parts and pretty long, but take a look:

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview.shtml

Points to discuss:
Peter Pettigrew still owes Harry a favor, doesn't he?
What would the other Horcruxes be?
Do you really think that Malfoy has it in him to be evil?

As I have re-read all the books and am finishing the 6th one again.... I have come to the conclusion that perhaps RAB is Regulus Black, too many clues to ignore. :11: The locket the kids found in Grimmauld place in book 5 in the desk that wouldn't open, I believe that is the Horcrux perhaps, and the fact that Regulus did something to anger V to cause his demise. Still think perhaps Harry will be asked to be the DADA instructor next term, they want to lure him back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom