Sportextreme.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This a why I support my LDS. When I have had a problem, they take care of it. PLease don't missunderstand me. I like some things from the net. My advice is to only buy from a reputable net company, and buy all of your life support items (BC, reg, computer or SPG) from your LDS. Just my 0.02 though.

I have the same sort of problem with sportextreme.com, i´ve ordered some diving stuff last week, try to get to their contact by e-mail, and after 3 attempts still have no answer. In the past, regarding some question, i had a quick answer. Maybe i cancel my order .
BD65

Aussie Diver:
You're not writing back to the address that says 'do not reply to this address' are you (i'm not meaning to insult your intellegence)? I've always used their web site which allows you to contact them, and they have always gotten back ASAP.

No I'm not. I know exactly what you're talking about.

NeoDiver

Aussie Diver:
I was about to buy a computer from these guys until i read this thread. Has anyone else had any other bad experiences with them? Anyone had any good experiences? Let me know how it works out Neo Diver.

I bought on August 12 a Suunto Stinger at sportextreme.com. The goods arrived one week later, in ok status via ups, however I have concerns about the warranty. I sent 4 emails now and no reply from them, however when I wrote that I wanted to buy something they repleid within the same day...Strante thing. I'm honestly upset. I therefore called my Visa card and they told me that the confirmation email of purchase is guilty as warranty. It says the same on the sportextreme.com page. I haven't tested the Stinger yet...I just hope and pray that it will function well. I will anyway write a email to Suunto in order to inform them and ask about the warranty. I believe that this company is not so honest...I should have read this forum a bit earlier...

The data in Ascio Technologies' WHOIS database is provided
by Ascio Technologies for information purposes only. By submitting
a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data
only for lawful purposes. Ascio Technologies reserves the right to
modify these terms at any time. By accessing and using
Ascio Technologies WHOIS information, you agree to these terms.

NOTE: FAILURE TO LOCATE A RECORD IN THE WHOIS DATABASE IS NOT
INDICATIVE OF THE AVAILABILITY OF A DOMAIN NAME.

Registrant:
Tom Lund Jensen (TOMLUNDJ332)
Moellegaarden 57

Kibaek, , DK 6933
DK

Domain name: sportextreme.com

Administrative and Technical contact:
Hansen, Kasper (KH165)
Struer Net A/S
Kildegarden 5

Struer, , 7600
DK
Hostmaster@struer.net
+45.70254505 Fax: +45.97855366

Record created: 2003-06-06 09:23:38
Record last updated: 2003-06-13 08:40:57
Record expires: 2006-01-14 00:00:00

Domain servers in listed order:
NS.DOMAINTEAM.DK (NSDOMAIN784)
NS2.DOMAINTEAM.DK (NSDOMAIN762)

Finally today I received a email from sportextreme.com :

"-----Original Message-----
From: Sportextreme.com - support [mailto:DoNotReply@sportextreme.com]
Sent: Montag, 30. August 2004 17:07
To: Marika
Subject: Warranty

Dear Marika

The order confirmation will work as warranty.

The Suunto international warranty says "bring back the claim to the place of purchase " and that is us.

Best regards
Tom
Click here to reply :
http://www.sportextreme.com/r.asp?ID=58B202474E654D4690C121F3DDD69C67

NOTICE:
========
This email is sent from an unattended mailbox. It's not possible to reply to this email, since no human will read it. This is done to protect sportextreme.com from spam and viruses and thereby give you a faster support."

So I'm less worried...

I'm just wondering what was the end of this story?
Did you get a full refund?
I am considering buying a computer from them but this might make me change my mind.

I should have read this thread - I ordered a Mares Proton Ice Extreme reg from them last week, got an order confirmation, joined their 'club' and got a welcome email. Then I went to go check on the status of my order, and it gave me some conflicting info, but no indication that it is shipping. I can't reach anyone, despite repeated emails (they have no phone) entered into their forms, and each of the actual addresses they list (shop@..., info@..., and the leader of the club Tom@...) are non-existent (they bounce). Even if my order comes, I will NEVER do business with them again, they are very unprofessional.

There's a current thread on wetpixel about this operation stealing images from various uw photographers and using them on their website without permission. That's enought to put me off this operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom