Spray on Tan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
I did the lotion (Banana Boat) and it came off in ugly patches on the trip from diving. I never thought to re-apply while there as it looked so good prior to the trip. I use it all the time and it will only loook a bit darker at the rougher part of the feet or knees if I don't exfoliate well and mix it with a bit of regular lotion on those areas.
I am going to look for another brand that lasts longer if there is such a product and try to reapply more often when I dive.

Hi,
I am going to look for another brand that lasts longer if there is such a product and try to reapply more often when I dive.

Most lotions last just as long as the next. The thing that determines how long the tan lasts is the rate at which you dead skin cells flake off. This is one of the reasons that exfoliating well is important. Also, areas that tend to 'shed' skin cells faster than other (and have thicker layers of built up cells) will absorb more of the lotion and tan darker. So exfoliate and that should help your tan last a bit longer.

Most lotions last just as long as the next. The thing that determines how long the tan lasts is the rate at which you dead skin cells flake off. This is one of the reasons that exfoliating well is important. Also, areas that tend to 'shed' skin cells faster than other (and have thicker layers of built up cells) will absorb more of the lotion and tan darker. So exfoliate and that should help your tan last a bit longer.
Well, I had the exfoliation done at a spa and as I remember, I had the tan on for a few days before the trip. so I'll do it before I dive this time. Also I am cursed with very dry skin which doesn't help. Oh well., we do the best we can

When I was in college I had a part time job at a tanning salon and I spent most of my time airbrushing clients. If you decide to try it then you need to exfoliate really well prior to going in and do not put on lotion (this can cause the solution to run and not set as well). I would recommend staying away from the booth type (Mystic Tan) b/c I can't tell you how many people would come to us begging for help b/c they looked like a leopard and they had some important event to go to the next day. I would also make sure that the solution that your tanning salon uses has a bronzer in it so you can see where it is being sprayed. This helps the person who is actually doing the airbrushing to see if any spots were missed and you can also check for spots prior to leaving. My last tip is after the airbrushing is complete you generally have to wait X amt. of hours before you can shower...I would recommend washing your hands and feet prior to the rest of your body. Hands and feet tend to be the areas that most often look fake.

ok, i tried, it, and honestly, with diving.......you're only going to look decent that first day. it just doesn't hold up to the salt water and getting in and out of a wetsuit and it's not gonna look pretty!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom