Spring Break on Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squeekycat

Registered
Reaction score
We are just getting ready to make our vacation reservations on Coz for sometime in April when I suddenly realized I did not know when Spring break ended. Neither does my husband. We do not want to be on Coz during Spring break. Does anybody know when Spring break ends this year?

Is it over by April 16?

thanks

I think our Spring Break goes through first week in May. I've been to Cozumel several times during spring Break and the impact wasn't that much. Few drunk teenageres on mopeds in the evening and more crowded at Carlos & Charlie's was the worst I saw.

Spring Break here is really not a crazy party scene at all. We have limited night life and a majority of the visitors (with exception to cruise ship passengers) are here to dive.

Cancun and Playa del Carmen are more attractive to the college spring breakers. We just don't have enough night life for them.

I will tell you however, that hotels and dive shops are busy in March because many people are able to travel with their children being out of school...so there are many family vacationers here in March.

March/Spring Break is NOT the busiest time however. Carnaval week (20th - 29th of February) is the busiest time with Thanksgiving week and the week between Christmas and New year's following. Spring break would fall behind those weeks.

Book your reservations now if you want to get in with the dive operator of your choice!

Have fun!

Jillandtheboys:
Our Spring Break ends April 3rd in Il.

This thread is a year old :)

Christi:
Spring Break here is really not a crazy party scene at all. We have limited night life and a majority of the visitors (with exception to cruise ship passengers) are here to dive.

Cancun and Playa del Carmen are more attractive to the college spring breakers. We just don't have enough night life for them.

I will tell you however, that hotels and dive shops are busy in March because many people are able to travel with their children being out of school...so there are many family vacationers here in March.

March/Spring Break is NOT the busiest time however. Carnaval week (20th - 29th of February) is the busiest time with Thanksgiving week and the week between Christmas and New year's following. Spring break would fall behind those weeks.

Book your reservations now if you want to get in with the dive operator of your choice!

Have fun!
Cancun for sure is tequilla central, at least when I visited 8 years ago. There may still be more package tours going there than Cozumel, although after last year's storms that may have changed.

If ma nature has less hot air this year I'm going to Cozumel.

This thread is almost 2 years old from 2-14-2004

azsilver:
This thread is almost 2 years old from 2-14-2004

Haha! You are so right! I posted earlier that it was a year old, thinking we're still in 2005...you would THINK that my mind would be OFF of 2005 after the year we just had :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom