Spring-Springfest II Offshore Dives 4/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wanted to do the boat with you but we have training that weekend so I am stuck at the Vortex. I swear I could do that place blindfolded.

I may just forgo the offshore stuff and do some diving there and maybe JB. I got's my cavern card so I can play in the dark a little more!

Carolyn:shark2:

I got laid off also,still going to try to make it to the springfest,cant let a little thing like not having any money stop me from diving.:)

I am so sorry for those who have lost their jobs due to this economy. I am like Carolyn in that I lost half my hours that I worked for my biggest client because of their cutbacks.
This is bound to have an adverse affect on the diving industry as people won't be able to afford new equipment, trips and boat fees. Thankfully, I now have all my equipment purchased for full cave when I get ready to finish my training.

It's a recession when your neighbor gets laid off, but a depression when you get the ax! Caroline you are right again, I too will ask the man above to help all my scuba friends who have been hurt by this uncertain economy.

Carolyn, I'm in for an offshore dive and I think Hetland is on the fence for going. I'm also going to invite the West Florida Dive Club to come to Springfest which will probably get more on the boat Saturday.

Sounds good. I need to get some kind of headcount within the next 2 weeks and to know what kind of divers we will have. We may just keep it simple and not go too far offshore, but again, let me know what you would like to dive.

Carolyn:shark2:

Carolyn,

Count me in. Here are few dive ideas for PC. I have word that 3 bridge spans were recently sunk. I heard some were elevated above the bottom with large holes cut in road bed so a diver could drop in the holes swim out the sides of th deck. I heard from my source (a local Captain) that they make nice dives. Depth 70-95 feet. I guess you could check with Capt. Pat about the bridge spans. The sunken tugs are also really nice dives.

DuPont Bridge Span # 1
It was sunk October 30, 2008 next to a pile of pipe and the fish are already migrating to the bridge span.
Coordinates are: 29'58.902Ž°N 85'51.128Ž°W

Chippewa Reef Bay County, Florida
Latitude Longitude
29.96127Ž° -85.80773Ž°
29Ž° 57' 41" N 85Ž° 48' 28" W
29Ž° 57.68 N 85Ž° 48.46 W

Depth: 102' Relief: 28'
Date Reef Deployed: 2/8/90
Reef Materials: Ship Steel Tug 205'
Reef Description: 204 Foot Tugboat

Accokeek Reef Bay County, Florida
Latitude Longitude