SPRINGFEST II April 24th, 25th and 26th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Docc....for your own sake.....and (well mine too I guess) :wink: ....shhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

:shocked2:Denise drinks?:shocked2:

No, Denise doesn't drink. What you witnessed was a severe case of "Noxygen Oxcicity". It seems that she is quite prone to it.

:rofl3:

well looks like Morrisons will be open for Springfest!!!!!

For Immediate Release

February 23, 2009

Morrison Springs Park Set to Re-Open Feb. 26, 11:00 a.m.

Ribbon cutting ceremony scheduled to celebrate over $1 million in renovations to popular dive spot and natural attraction

Walton County, FL – Morrison Springs Park is scheduled to re-open Thursday, February 26, 11:00 a.m. following a year of renovations. Walton County Commissioner Scott Brannon will lead a ribbon cutting ceremony with other local and state leaders who worked to secure the necessary funding for the million-dollar renovation project. The public is invited to attend.

Morrison Springs is one of the most popular diving spots in northwest Florida and well-known throughout the southeast. This 161-acre park was acquired by the state in 2004 and has been leased to the county to maintain and preserve. The highlight of the park is a 250-foot diameter spring pool that produces an estimated 48 million gallons of crystal clear water each day and has been recorded to produce up to 70 million gallons a day. 3 cavities allow Morrison’s frigid waters to surface from the underground aquifer. The deepest of these cavities, at approximately 300 foot in depth, eventually terminates in an underground chamber of unknown dimensions.

The new Morrison Springs Park includes large boardwalks overlooking the springs, a diving dock and a new boat ramp away from the diving location. Handicap parking makes accessibility to the boardwalks and beach area easier, and bus parking enables large groups to explore and enjoy the new park amenities. Restrooms with outdoor showers now make visiting the park more convenient and welcoming to residents and visitors. A new education center is being planned as part of ongoing park improvements. In addition to thousands of dollars in volunteer time by Cliff Knauer, P.E. of Preble-Rish, Inc. and county staff resources, $500,000 in funds to renovate the park is from a Northwest Florida Water Management District grant. The Florida Boating Improvement Program funded an additional $300,000 for construction of a new boat ramp, including paved boat ramp parking and access road. The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Springs Initiative provided a $39,864 grant for the advanced septic treatment system and chlorinated well system.

“This newly renovated park not only enhances the safety of the divers that come to explore the beautiful underwater caves,” says District 1 Commissioner Scott Brannon, “but it enhances the preservation of one of the most beautiful sites in all of northwest Florida. We hope everyone will come and see the new park on February 26 and will join us for this historic event.”

Directions: From the Walton County Courthouse: Head east on Highway 90 for approximately 11.3 miles. Bear right onto Highway 181-A for 3.3 miles. The highway eventually becomes 181. Continue for another 1.6 miles. Turn left onto Morrison Springs Road and follow to its end.

From Freeport: Highway 20 East, north on Highway 81. Right onto Highway 181. Right onto Morrison Springs Road and follow to its end.

No, Denise doesn't drink. What you witnessed was a severe case of "Noxygen Oxcicity". It seems that she is quite prone to it.

:rofl3:

You beat me to it.:D

Hey!!!! That is a serious syndrome which has similar symptoms to nitrogen narcosis or oxygen toxicity where one is under "partial pressure" to consume large quantities of alcohol at an after dive party. :D It is quite common at Springfest and Vortoberfest so be particularly careful at these gatherings..

Hey!!!! That is a serious syndrome which has similar symptoms to nitrogen narcosis or oxygen toxicity where one is under "partial pressure" to consume large quantities of alcohol at an after dive party. :D It is quite common at Springfest and Vortoberfest so be particularly careful at these gatherings..

PARTIAL PRESSURE?? HA!!

If anything, it is you that is supplying ALL the pressure! I just may have to excuse myself from any more events that you attend, so I don't have to worry about the peer pressure I feel from you. :shakehead:

And don't get me started about the negative influence you have on my sweet, innocent spouse and naive, sheltered 12 yr old daughter!!

:D

Your wives and daughters are sweet and precious!!! As for the two of you, you are still on the paddling list.

One of you guys who is into woodworking should make me my own special paddle for Springfest with "good girl" engraved on it. Your behind might even be spared. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom