SS Copenhagen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquabot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So it is my understanding the Ft. Lauderdale has passed new city laws preventing solo diving from shore. What I am trying to confirm is if the Copenhagen is based in Pompano or Ft. Lauderdale? I'm seeing contradictory information in my searches online.

… or is it in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea?
All I'm trying to do is ensure I don't receive any fines 😂

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 19-48-37 Beach Rules and Regulations City of Fort Lauderdale FL.png

All I'm trying to do is ensure I don't receive any fines 😂

Exactly. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is a different municipality than Ft. Lauderdale. If solo diving from the beach is against the law in Ft. Lauderdale, it may not be in LBTS.

Where this wreck actually lies, I don't know.

I'd suggest you call AQUI Watersports, Gold Coast Scuba or Force-E Pompano Beach and ask them. Even better, call all three and see if you get the same answer.

@tekkydiver Is this ordinance new or has it been on the books for awhile?

The Copenhagen is north of Lauderdale by the Sea, and believe that is Pompano. It IS NOT off Fort Lauderdale. BTW, solo diving is permitted in Lauderdale by the Sea.

Exactly. Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is a different municipality than Ft. Lauderdale. If solo diving from the beach is against the law in Ft. Lauderdale, it may not be in LBTS.

Where this wreck actually lies, I don't know.

I'd suggest you call AQUI Watersports, Gold Coast Scuba or Force-E Pompano Beach and ask them. Even better, call all three and see if you get the same answer.

@tekkydiver Is this ordinance new or has it been on the books for awhile?
It's new, already got a response from Aqui on my FB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom