St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Local OCMD trip looked to be blown out, so we changed plans and headed back up to the river!

All temps listed as coldest achieved during the dive.

7/4 - Keystorm 62 degrees
7/4 - America 61 degrees

7/5 - Vickery - 57 degrees
7/5 - Maggie L- 51 degrees (and man was it COLD!!!)
7/6 - Vickery - 57 degrees
7/6 - Maggie L - 52 degrees
7/7 - Jodrey - 71 degrees at about 30 feet and then 62 degrees at 204 ft.

Local OCMD trip looked to be blown out, so we changed plans and headed back up to the river!

7/4 - America 61 degrees

Not any worse than Dutch... bring it on!

Headed up there this weekend. First time to the St. Lawrence for me!

7/4 - America 61 degrees

i did almost the same dives at almost the same time!!!i had the little red boat with the white bimini top!-who were you with???

i did almost the same dives at almost the same time!!!i had the little red boat with the white bimini top!-who were you with???

I rented a 24' pontoon that said wagoners on the side for 6/4 and 6/5. I dove on a charter on 6/6 (a 23 ft pontoon - Doug out of French creek marina), then on a friends 21' Sea Ray for the Jodrey dive on 6/7.

A River Regular was with me on the 4th (Trace Malinowski) - but then he got real sick (fever) and couldnt dive the rest of the trip , but we still had a group of us from Pa/NJ for the rest of the trip. We all stayed together until the 7th because only 3 of us were qualified to hit the Jodrey so the other 3 went back to the Keystorm on another rental.

i met trace last year when he was doing some training with bob sherwood
perfect weekend for being on the river('cept for the boat traffic!)
no jodrey for me!too old and feeble!!!we saw a steady stream of divers there,however!
glad you enjoyed!

Temps were 63F to 64F on the July long weekend, the viz at 30 to 40 feet was better than last year, especially considering the heavy rain right before that weekend. We saw a lot of new freshwater sponges on the wrecks. :)

Any updates? Going next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vis has been pretty crappy this year. Too much rain and wind!! Out on the Keystorm and America Tue 16th and vis was maybe 20-25' or if you prefer 7-8 meters. Particulates suspended make it real dark at 120' down. Was hoping for improvement but we just had two days of killer evening storms with a lot of rain. It's still better than scuba in the bathtub!!

Back
Top Bottom