St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear the 7mm no hood, thin gloves to protect my hands, not to provide thermal protection.

Less than 7mm might be OK, I haven't tried simply because I don't OVER heat in the 7mm and I don't own any lighter fullsuit.

I was reading 69*F at the Keystorm all the way down Thursday 7/25. Surface according to depth finder was 72*F. I was in a 5 mil and was more than comfy with light gloves and no hood. Was still comfy on second dive at the America at the bottom. Friends from Buffalo area made me go dive! Gotta love it!! Still miss #1 buddy though, Jimmy, however I know he's there in spirit!:D

Yep! Top to bottom, its warm (my PDC said 72 @ 105'). Vis, however, is another story.......tons of suspended matter. Thanks Tony!

(note to self - zipper is on the back.......:confused:)

---------- Post added July 28th, 2013 at 06:11 PM ----------

Jim:

Missed ya buddy. Please keep providing me with good news.

B,C, & B

Conastoga was 76* top to bottom
Rothsay was 76* - 74*
Viz on both were 10'-15' ish

Seems a bit low, but I recorded 68F at Lock 21 this morning

74* at centen park in brockville

Thanks to all the rain it hasent bin soo good.
My first dive yesterday I had between 15-20'
By the third dive I was more in the 5-10' range

Take a light. I didn't and regretted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Busy at the Keystorm today. Reading about 70-72* F all the way down to the prop. Tethered to the NW buoy and a bunch of boats on the bow tether. Looked to me that everyone was having a good time!! Did the America and just missed an overhead freighter going by. Gotta love the St Lawrence and the lack of thermocline!! Vis , maybe 20-30' and still some floating particles. Been tweaking the sidemount and love having all the gas you could need!!:D

Back
Top Bottom