St. Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lynne,

The flights don't go that high so that isn't a problem. It might not hurt to let the pilot know that you just dove but generally, a high wave would splash into the cockpit (ok, maybe not but you get my drift).

Funny thing is that I have been to St. Maarten 3 time, dove all week each time and yet, never made the hop over to Saba......gonna have to do that this year I think....

We are going to St. Maarten in June we would like to dive Saba too. I have been reading some of these posts and see that some people fly to Saba and back the same day? I thought you can't fly after diving? Is the altitude low, or am I miss understanding that trip can be done in one day via air.
thanks Lynnemari

The flight is only 10 minutes nad the plane does not exceed 2000 feet. I can verify this as I sat in the first row and could see the altimiter. The road from the airport to the harbor in Saba goes up to about 1000'

If you are nitrox certified this would reduce the nitrogen load a little while diving.

Back
Top Bottom