Staits trip planned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Omicron:
Looks like some great times up there. I'm going to be up there July 23/24/25 for my first time. We're diving with Abyss Charters then as well - we had a chance to go out w/ them up in Whitefish Bay as well. Top notch stuff - the captain (Dan) was awesome. Fun guy, and he was a great captain. We're heading up to Whitefish again this year as we had such a great time.

Abyss Charters
I have dived with them three times and have never ever had a better charter. Dan and Phil are 100% comited for you to have a good time.

Scott

Brian - good report. Pretty much nailed the whole weekend....

Some awesome weather was around on Saturday, making it a great day for diving. We had a good experienced group, a good charter, and some excellent wrecks just waiting to be visited by divers again... The post dive discussions with the other captain (Morgan, that is) was quite fun as well....

I was very fortunate to pick up a cold at some point and was not able to dive on Sunday, but took up space on the boat as best I could....

Omicron - what are your dates up here? My buddy and I are pass holders, so chances are we may meet up. Or did we already discuss this at Whitefish last year?....

The other Scott,
SS

Scott -

Our dates for the Straights are July 23/24/25, and our dates for Whitefish are August 5/6/7/8 - were taking some kayaks up to Whitefish to do a little kayaking on Friday before we dive on the weekend.

I don't think we met last year - I don't recall meeting any other divers on my trip to whitefish (except for the captain....). What's a passholder??

Okay - we didn't meet. I did meet a herd of divers from Wisconsin who chartered Abyss last July, had an empty spot and we got on....

A season pass is just that. We pay Dan an obscene amount of money, and basically whenever there is a charter that isn't full, had a last minute cancellation, blah, blah, blah - we go diving.

We were looking at Whitefish the same weekend - we'll likely be the afternoon charter if its still available....

SS

Omicron:
Scott -

Our dates for the Straights are July 23/24/25, and our dates for Whitefish are August 5/6/7/8 - were taking some kayaks up to Whitefish to do a little kayaking on Friday before we dive on the weekend.

I don't think we met last year - I don't recall meeting any other divers on my trip to whitefish (except for the captain....). What's a passholder??

Back
Top Bottom