Standardized Prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you want to take my Fusion? My size is closer to yours than M's. They always oversize the inside layer, by design. The form fitting outside skin brings it all together. Thus, proper fit is more forgiving than other designs. It has a bullet skin with large zippered bellowed pockets. One slider on one of the pockets fell off during an eventful dive to the wreck of the Capilano, but other than that, the DS is in pretty good shape.

---------- Post added February 16th, 2015 at 12:56 AM ----------

Now that I mention zippers, it reminds me of a comment I heard about a GUE student. Bear in mind that this is hearsay, at least 3 degrees removed. The student came in to a lower mainland LDS looking for a DS. Shop personnel show her a fusion bullet, but she rejects it saying that her instructor (Guy?) Recommends against zippers in pockets as the zippers are just an extraneous failure point.

So I have another fusion skin that I've never used, but it is a plain vanilla sport skin with no pockets and I think you'll need pockets, won't you? I have another DS, but it is a Brooks Seal Suit 7mm neoprene. It does have one non zippered thigh pocket, but I've seen and read many times how GI3 disapproves of neoprene. It's also a rear entry suit -- another point of disapproval.

So I'm not entirely sure my suits are GUE adequate. But if any variation is, you're welcome to it.

If you fit best in the Fusion without pockets, I can bring a pair of pocket shorts with me.

Cool. And if you change your mind about doubles, you could take my little doubles, which I believe are setup in a way that GUE will not frown upon. It has a triple oring barrel 300 bar DIN manifold that GI3 would approve. They are LP77s which have exactly the same physical dimensions as worthington HP100s, ie same tank factors. I have a fairly new hollis 45lb lift donut wing that goes nicely streamlined with these.

Dale, I have a pretty much new TLS 350 that will probably fit also so you will have lots of plan b's. Same for the tanks, wings, etc.

A dry suit pocket as an extraneous failure point....that's pretty funny. :). I personally don't put much stock in hearsay three times removed and suggest you don't either:). That's how all the silly comments about GUE get perpetuated.

I Also wouldn't worry too much about getting GI3's approval......:)

See you in a couple of days. And if in doubt, Lynne's advice will probably be good. :)

All is well. No pockets required Lynne.
As of now I have a couple of suits lined up. One thing this experiment has revealed to me so far is how many friends I have in the local diving scene. I've had offers from all quarters GUE and other, for specific pieces of equipment ranging from tanks, suits, hoses... Very heart warming indeed :)

Guy, it wasn't pockets, it was zippered pockets -- and I remember being taught the same thing, that zippers are undesirable because they jam, and they can jam in a way that doesn't allow you access to the pocket contents. Velcro may fail, but it will fail in a way that allows you access to the stuff you need if you need it.

The zippers in my pockets close the bellows, not the pockets themselves. The pockets are closed with Velcro. If the zippers fail while shut, it only means that you cannot expand the pocket. And even unexpanded, it is still a decent size pocket. In my specific case, the zipper failed while open, so all it means is that there is a slightly larger pocket if you keep all other bellows unexpanded. I honestly don't see that as a risk while diving. I did comment to Dale last night that maybe the student misunderstood and took a warning that was meant for pocket closures and applied it to bellow expansion. But what do I know... :idk:
The suits fits him rather well and Dale commented positively on his range of mobility in this suit.

why not just get a pocket without the zipper that makes it wider? when I did my wetsuit pockets for example, I just told the shop to add an "accordion" stich, so that the pocket wants to "naturally" stay flatter than without the switching (sorry for my grammar & maybe spelling, english isn't my first language ^^).

having a zipper I need to open to make the pocket wider sounds wierd to me to be honest.

also, most zippers are harder to operate with gloves, while velcro is just easier IMHO.

and ofcourse since I get around 4.5 months a year diving without any suit - scubapro pocket shorts for the win!

Matan.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom