Start drooling...C5060 coming!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I hadn't bought my C-5050 3 weeks ago, this new model would never have been seen!! :rofL:

OK...who's gonna get the first one?!?

Dee once bubbled...
If I hadn't bought my C-5050 3 weeks ago, this new model would never have been seen!! :rofL:

OK...who's gonna get the first one?!?

LOL, didnt the site say they have a 30 day return policy? LMAO, you better hurry, you only have one week left. :)

steve

Wow that was quick. I knew that as soon as I bought my camera it would be obsolete. Now less than 1 week later there's a replacement.
They addressed some of the biggest concerns with digital photography, shutter lag and a better optical zoom.
Cjh

DivemasterSteve once bubbled...
LOL, didnt the site say they have a 30 day return policy? LMAO, you better hurry, you only have one week left. :)

That's a thought! I might consider it if it uses the same housing. But I think I'll wait and see what the reviews are on it. Newest isn't always best! :wink:

According to the discussion here on Digital Diver, all is not rosy with the newest release.

It appears corporate greed has reared its ugly head.

Why oh why did they switch to a proprietary battery pack? They'll say it was for better battery life. I say it was to sell battery packs. I guess if you never leave home or at least never leave a major metro area, this isn't a big deal. But I've never been anywhere in the world I couldn't lay my hands on a few sets of AA's in a pinch. I doubt you will be able to say the same about the new 5060 battery.

4X zoom looks nice and the lens is a bit wider, but the stats don't quote the minimum aperture, only the largest. They may be trying to hide another step down, as they did between the 4040 and the 5050 (4040 had f11, 5050 smallest is f8).

Biggest issue to me is the loss of "Slave" mode on the flash, unless they just overlooked listing it in the stats.

Actually it does appear that they did cheaped out on the lens. The 5050 is F1.8 the new 5060 is F2.8, so that's about 1.5 stops slower.
I didn't notice that about the proprietary battery. That's one of the main reasons I went with the 5050 vs the canon.

Is the 640x480 movie mode.

That's darn close to DV quality. It will EAT CF card space, yielding about 15 minutes on a 1GB card, but with card capacities going up this won't remain a problem for long.

Interesting.....

Heck i couldnt afford the 5050....so i iwill hold my excitement on this one too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom