Started and can't stop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sweed

New
Reaction score
I got certified through the YMCA last month and now it seems that diving is all that I think about. My better half and I took the class together as a hobby that we can both do. Now its ALL that we do. Had to sell all the other hobby gear (Golf clubs, paintball guns, etc. ) so that she would do it with me. Been diving almost every weekend since and are signed up to take the AOW and Nitrox class on the 17th and 18th.

Aloha and welcome to the ScubaBoard!
And Yes, you've been bitten by the Scuba Bug....:D
Aloha,
Lisa

escape is impossible.

Well, if you think you're obsessed now, just come down to South Florida and dive with the Florida Conchs. We've got a forum here and post our trip plans, so there are usually at least two or three trips to choose from on a given weekend.

If you get a chance, we'd love for you to join us. My preference tends to be for shore diving, since it gives lots of flexibility in scheduling and is very inexpensive, so you get lots of bottom time for the $. (Typically 1-1.5 hours in the 20 ft depth range for the price of parking and an air fill.) Of course, the local boats are pretty cheap too, so you can go out more often.

Drop by and chat with us some time. Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Welcome aboard!! I love to dive with divers certified by YMCA, they always seem to recieve very good training.

Welcome to diving! You have been assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Many thanks to everyone who responded, thats pretty much the reception that I get whoever I talk to in diving. Its great knowing that we pick a hobby where most of the people are so friendly. As for the diving in south Florida our local dive shop is planning a dive, the first weekend in August during LobsterFest, somewhere in the Keys. Can't Wait

sweed:
Many thanks to everyone who responded, thats pretty much the reception that I get whoever I talk to in diving. Its great knowing that we pick a hobby where most of the people are so friendly. As for the diving in south Florida our local dive shop is planning a dive, the first weekend in August during LobsterFest, somewhere in the Keys. Can't Wait

Be sure to post a note about your dive trip after you've formulated your plans. We'd love to dive with you.

See you then,
Grier

Back
Top Bottom