State Parks A La Carte or Year Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handben

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be diving in March in the springs of north Florida with my 2 kids and my brother and his wife and son. I am writing to ask about the cost of the state parks and whether a yearly pass would then allow all of us (in the same car) to dive, or would diving be additional to entry. Thanks for your help. Ben in Baltimore

umm if you got a family state park pass then yes it would allow you all to dive if in the same car (it is quite a bit more than the 40 dollar regular pass) to be honest its only 10 dollars to dive in the state park will it really be worth it to you to get the pass.. will you enter a state park more than 4 times a yr, if not then I would say its not worth it, at least not for the individual one, not sure about the family one though, because I dont know the price of it.

The individual pass rounds up to $44, family rounds up to $86. So, how many diver days will there be on your trip? More than 8? (ie: 4 dives for one day is 4 diver days) then get the family pass. Less than 8? Go a la carte.

$10 per diver per day to dive. $86 for the family pass that allows up to 8 people in a vehicle access to the park. It looks like a no brainer to me.

and the passes are good for a year, so if there's a chance of coming back in the next 12 months, a pass should be worth it.

They pay for themself. Mine payed for itself the first weekend I bought it. Going from park to park over the weekend 2 parks a day. Just depends how much you want to see.

They are also good for non-diving state parks. I use mine to access Caverns State Park in Marianna quite a bit.

As said previously, they are good for one year and actually a little more....... If you buy it in March, it's good till the end of March the next year. We always get one and get 13 months of visits out of it (sort of).

I thought I would clarify one point... the family annual pass will let 8 non-divers per car in the park. It only lets 4 divers in on one pass. But yes, it is worth it. I understand Florida just took over Weekie Watchie but it isn't $10, however the state park pass does give you a significant discount.

I like diving the springs in the winter because there are far fewer people diving at this time. Most of the time, when the weather is inclement, you can see more or better than if it were sunny. Although that doesn't help with warming up much.

Ken

Ken

I've gotten in with more than 4 divers. That may be something the rangers overlook, though. Oh, and it's quite obvious by looking at my van that we're there to dive.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom