STEALTH 2.0 Sidemount - Try Before You Buy in US & Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 153456I didn't see a manual for the open water version :dork2:

...but seriously though, is the the top node too high?

Its a little hard to tell from the pic because of the angle the picture was taken. I attached a picture from there facebook page that might help you. I also try and upload a link to the PDF.

And your BC in on upside down lol :D

zebuhu3u.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added April 28th, 2013 at 04:54 PM ----------

Here is the link that has the owners Manuel pdf download:

http://www.xdeep.eu/user-manual-download-nsc-6.html

No the BC is the right way, I bought the open water version.:D

I try to re post a pic with a better angle in another thread.

Lol I'm still gonna have to disagree, the dump valve is suppose to be located down. That's why the XDeep logo is upside down in your photo lol. And I also only use mine in open water too (for the time being).

No the BC is the right way, I bought the open water version so I can vent the wing when vertical.:D

Is this a better angle? You can see my shoulder blade on the left.

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,920
Last edited:
No the BC is the right way, I bought the open water version so I can vent the wing when vertical.:D

I'm glad you included the smiley face--I was beginning to worry.

View attachment 153464

Is this a better angle? You can see my shoulder blade on the left.

Yeah it looks to be in the right spot. The top node in between the shoulder blades.

Hahahahah.....

But seriously what do you think about the top node placement.

It looks good from your picture. How does it feel? I was lucky or so I think but didn't need to really adjust to much because it felt right and like everything was in the correct spot. Since the top seems to be in the right spot (from the first photo), how does the bottom look/feel.

View attachment 153456I didn't see a manual for the open water version :dork2:

...but seriously though, is the the top node too high?

ok, so I hope that you finally figured out that your BC is upside down :)

Setup of a BC is fairly simple, BC has four, two lower and two located more on top of BC points where you attach the bungees.
The bottom, lower located ones are meant for recreational divers as inflated wing will be bigger - more sticking out of diver body.
Higher ones located on top of BC attachment points will keep even fully inflated BC flat, compact and close to diver body.

There is quite few methods that Stealth's users applied in terms of BC mounted bungees but I agree with proposed by xDeep way to keep bolt snaps / double enders
on one side of BC (short loop / connection) and other ends longer. Its very useful to tie one, two knots on these ends so you can easily adjust the tension of bungees
for example diving drysuit one day and wetsuit other one.

Please take a look at attached few pictures that will show you proper method of mounting the BC with its components on a diver.
There is few really good ideas for mounting for example argon bottle or light on the back.
I have tried light mounted on my back underneath the wing and like it so much that it became my standard setup.

Let me know if you have any questions, will try to answer with pictures and other.

xDeep Stealth Siudemount  (10).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (7).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (2).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (1).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (3).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (6).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (11).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (13).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (14).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (12).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (9).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (15).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (5).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (8).jpgxDeep Stealth Siudemount  (4).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom