Stiletto straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainhook426

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've found a really good deal on a stiletto that I would love to own, but the shoulder straps are the wrong size. Do you still make/sell the stiletto straps?

Thanks
-Sutton

Short answer: yes. I'll get back to this thread in the morning and give you a part number.:coffee:

Long answer: The part number for the current Stiletto shoulder section is 7168S-"size". We haven't done any major changes to the Stiletto BC over the last couple of years (and its only an 8 year old model) so you should be ok ordering a current shoulder section for that. If you want to and have the opportunity you could post a picture here and I'd be happy to verify the compatibility of parts, but again we haven't made any significant changes that would affect the attachment of the shoulder section.

Last edited:
For some reason it didn't email me that you had responded. Anyways here is the picture.

zeaglestilleto_zps979e479b.jpg

According to the sizing it will fit except I will max out the shoulder straps. We'll just have to see about it though once it gets here.

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2013 at 11:30 AM ----------

oh, and what's up with the hella long inflator hose?

According to the sizing it will fit except I will max out the shoulder straps. We'll just have to see about it though once it gets here.

Looks pretty recent so you'll be able to use a new shoulder section if you need to get a larger size. You can double check our owners manual online to see how we recommend fitting the BC or check out our sizing video as I awkwardly model a Ranger BC.

oh, and what's up with the hella long inflator hose?

We've got three different lengths of airway assemblies (I assume we're talking about the corrugated hose here since I don't see the LP hose in the picture) and it does look like that's the longest length (23") there. If you want to get the next size down (19") you can order the RE Valve assembly (p/n 111-9000L-19, the 19 designates the length of the pull cord) and the corrugated hose (p/n 165-1019). You'll be able to reuse the inflator that's on it now. Can't say I know exactly why the hella long version is installed, we usually only use the 23" length on size XL and larger BCs unless the dive store requests a different length.

According to the sizing chart online I should be in a large maybe an extra large in the shoulders. When I measure myself I come out to a 24 or 25 inch. I've been a 36" waist for like 10 years. I'm 6' tall and have a 30" inseam.... My height comes from my upper body....

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2013 at 12:37 PM ----------

I've watched that video multiple times to make sure that I was looking at the right sizing. I feel like we're built pretty close to the same. I may have a few inches on you in torso length.

I hear ya, my dad is the same way. No legs and all torso.

The best thing is to try it on, of course. As we mention in the video you've got room for adjustment in each section, I could have fit in that Large Ranger if it came down to it. What you're trying to accomplish with the shoulder section is to get the weight pockets to sit on your hips with the waist panel cinched comfortably snug. After that its about comfort.

Can I order straps directly through you, or do I need to find an online dealer? My LDS that says they carry your products in all honesty, don't anymore but still show up on the dealer locator. The next closest dealer is over a 90minute drive from me.

And size would just be "L" or "XL"? or a measurement range?

Back
Top Bottom