Stingray City Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruckDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,

My mother and her boyfriend are taking a cruise and would like to do a Stingray City dive. They thought they could book one from the ship, however once aboard they dicovered the cruise folks only book snorkel trips. So, I've been tapped to find them a dive op before they arrive Tuesday the 27th. Anybody know a dive op that could take them? They're in port from 10:30-5:30.

Thanks, I just love it when my Mom expects miracles:D

Howdy,

My mother and her boyfriend are taking a cruise and would like to do a Stingray City dive. They thought they could book one from the ship, however once aboard they dicovered the cruise folks only book snorkel trips. So, I've been tapped to find them a dive op before they arrive Tuesday the 27th. Anybody know a dive op that could take them? They're in port from 10:30-5:30.

Thanks, I just love it when my Mom expects miracles:D

Don Fosters and Sunset divers both offer an early afternoon dive trip to Stingray city and both are pretty close to the cruise ship pier.

Don Fosters and Sunset divers both offer an early afternoon dive trip to Stingray city and both are pretty close to the cruise ship pier.

Either, would be fine...

Thought about Sunset, but they don't return til about 5pm, too close.
I'll try Don Fosters, thanks!

do yourself a favor, wear a full wetsuit for the stingrays. The one that gets you, you won't see coming up along side as he attaches his hoovermatic sucking grinding mouth to your arm. I still have the scar.

Would you believe my mother gave me this same task AGAIN!!!

Luckily you wonderful folks had already answered the question for me the last time she called and screamed "HELP"!!!

Me loves scubaboard......:D

IMO you should add a few pounds of weight, you are only going to be in 10 feet of water and it is best to be able to "stick" to the bottom. It is a very cool dive, keep your thumb tucked in when feeding them.

Oh, I'm not going, my mother and her friend are. They just like to call me at the last minute and ask me to set it up for them.

Thinks I'll pass on Doc's advice, add 10 pounds of weight and fill your pockets with frozen squid.
And buy the video if offered, should be interesting if they take the advice....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom