http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop the Sea Shepherd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW...Roo taste way better then seal!:eyebrow:

Really?? I don't really like 'roo myself, tastes a bit "gamey".

Now, a big fat juicy camel steak, that's different! Croc is a bit like chicken but not much of a taste and emu is supposed to be really low in fat. Haven't tried emu yet.

Have I drifted off topic much? I blame UWO! :D

P.S. Anyone else starting to feel hungry?

They are also not the only ones to thumb their nose at the general view of the world of which they claim to be a part. I was disappointed to read this.
Canadian MPs to tuck into seal dinner

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge seals are killed by smashing them over the head with a bat.
Believe it or not...its extremely quick. That said, most of the hunting is done with firearms.

BTW...Roo taste way better then seal!:eyebrow:

That's all I will say about that topic...dont wanna start a hijacking.:wink:

Now that I think about it, once you get over the negative spin the media have put on this article, there's nothing to suggest that seal hunting isn't being sustainably managed, so why shouldn't seals be hunted? After all, it's no different to us harvesting kangaroos.

I know, I know!! I'm off topic again!!

Last edited:
I think this whole thread had gone off topic by page 3. :wink:

Am I not able to consume animal products while simultaneously have concerns for the humane treatment of those animals?

Nothing is that black and white.

Are you vegan? If not, you should read up on how the animal products you eat and use are obtained.

Basically unless you are vegan or only eat animals that die of old age or something like that, you are supporting cruelty to animals. It sucks when you realise that, but they are just so damn tasty.

Am I not able to consume animal products while simultaneously have concerns for the humane treatment of those animals?

Nothing is that black and white.

Sure you can do that. It is hypocritical however. But not many people are morally consistent anyway so knock yourself out.

I would argue that what I said is not hypocritical.

From dictionary.com

Hypocrit- a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

Humane- characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, esp. for the suffering or distressed: humane treatment of horses

Sure you can do that. It is hypocritical however. But not many people are morally consistent anyway so knock yourself out.

You think it is ok to eat and use the animal products you like but that other people should not have the same luxury. I see that as pretty hypocritical. I'm sure you are not consciously hypocritical... But you are still one.

But most people are about things. I hate the fact that seafood is consumed, for example, as I love marine life and anthropomorphise it more easily. Yet I love bacon and chicken and beef. In some countries they would not like others eating beef and pork like I don't like people eating seafood. So I say, given I recognise the hypocrisy in my distaste towards those that eat seafood but my liking of beef, leather and bacon, live and let live.

Yet I love bacon and chicken and beef. In some countries they would not like others eating beef and pork like I don't like people eating seafood. So I say, given I recognise the hypocrisy in my distaste towards those that eat seafood but my liking of beef, leather and bacon, live and let live.

Well there always aquaculture...and you can leave the wild critters to do what they do...but I would be trying to hijack the thread again...:wink:

Well there always aquaculture...and you can leave the wild critters to do what they do...but I would be trying to hijack the thread again...:wink:

Yep aquaculture is a good idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom