http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop the Sea Shepherd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In some countries they would not like others eating beef and pork like I don't like people eating seafood. So I say, given I recognise the hypocrisy in my distaste towards those that eat seafood but my liking of beef, leather and bacon, live and let live.

I assume you're referring to not eating bacon and pork as a religious belief; not the same as a moral conviction against eating seafood or animals

I assume you're referring to not eating bacon and pork as a religious belief; not the same as a moral conviction against eating seafood or animals

Either or. Some people do not eat pork and beef for moral reasons not just religious reasons too.

Really? Can't say I've come across that. What would the moral justification be for that, I'm curious

Really? Can't say I've come across that. What would the moral justification be for that, I'm curious

My wife won't eat any pork product thanks to the movie Babe. The talking pig did it in for her. Sad for me because everything is better with bacon.

I'm not sure about the moral justification, but; I've known people who complain about the cruel/immoral killing of animals (deer, cows, pig, sheep, etc. for human consumption) yet didn't bat an eyelash at hooking, netting, gaffing fish, or catching shooting, trapping, fowl for consumption. I think alot of it has to do with the cuteness or percieved soulful/intelligence factor. If that really mattered, then some of those folks shouldn't have a problem with cannabilism. :D

Vegetarians... Some vegetarians eat seafood too, but no other meat. Google Pescetarianism.

I dated a girl that wouldn't eat anything that flew or swam. Her only explanation, I just don't

A vegetarian who eats seafood is not really a vegetarian.

That is like atheists sometimes go to confession.

A 'vegetarian' who eats fish may be a 'semi-vegetarian'.

I guess I'm a semi-vegetarian. There are usually potatoes, and some type of greens next to my meat. :wink:

It is a bugger when you get truly righteous, steroids, growth hormones, chicken farms, paté foi grase, coloured lights in supermarket coolers to make things look "edible" I would guess that if most people had to see the process all the way down the line they would have a real hard time looking at most menus. How much salad can you eat?

Can you go out and catch/kill your dinner?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom