Storing Steel Tank outside in hot humidity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You dive exclusively in fresh water and have no corrosion issues; that is very reassuring.

I store all my tanks in a hot humid garage and always try to rinse them well after diving in the ocean. I get some corrosion under the boots after several years of hard use.

Well, it’s that damned salt! 😉

Same here, my steel tanks have been stored in my garage for 10 years and nothing is wrong with them.

Same here, my steel tanks have been stored in my garage for 10 years and nothing is wrong with them.

Being in sun will make a difference as to heat. I don't consider in garage to be outside.

Being in sun will make a difference as to heat. I don't consider in garage to be outside.
He didn't say outside in the sun, he said outside in the humidity. Stand in my south Florida garage, it's hot and humid a large portion of the year.

Part of it is rinsing well after salt water diving for any tank.

Watch your rupture disc in the sun. They are not exact by any means
He didn't say outside in the sun, he said outside in the humidity. Stand in my south Florida garage, it's hot and humid a large portion of the year.
Are you in Broward? If so let’s go diving!

Are you in Broward? If so lets go diving!

Are you in Broward? If so let’s go diving!
I'm in Stuart and dive regularly in Jupiter and Riviera Beach. I make occasional trips down to Pompano and LBTS for shore dives. What about you?

I'm in Stuart and dive regularly in Jupiter and Riviera Beach. I make occasional trips down to Pompano and LBTS for shore dives. What about you?
Ah ok, hit me up if you come down to Broward, I shore dive as often as possible. I like to go up to the bridge in Riviera too

Back
Top Bottom