Storing your Scuba gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rocker:

View attachment 99499

that is where my gear hangs out when im not diving

Hey where did you find that rod to hang your gear on? How is it installed to hold up all the weight? I have an old school cast iron tub which means there is no surround except for little tiny rods meant to hold up a shower curtain. Trying to dry things on folding chairs on my balcony just isn't cutting it when I'm diving a few days in a row

Hey where did you find that rod to hang your gear on? How is it installed to hold up all the weight? I have an old school cast iron tub which means there is no surround except for little tiny rods meant to hold up a shower curtain. Trying to dry things on folding chairs on my balcony just isn't cutting it when I'm diving a few days in a row

gear tub02.jpg

It’s a standard shower curtain rod I got at target for like $15 I looked for the sturdiest one they had.
What keep it up with all the weight is a lip made from the wall liner around the tub

Aw crap won't work for me then. Thanks though squid!

I have purchased several heavy hangers and hang all my gear from these. The hangers are placed on the rails of the garage door. This works well for me since it allows air to circulate around the gear and all gear is out of the sunlight. One thing to remember is to not hang your wetsuit or other scuba equipment near a furnace or water heater. They tend to give off ozone, which can harm your rubber products. You can get these hangers cheap from LP. Most LDS will sale them too but usually cost more.

There are some other posts on SB that have some pictures of some homemade dive lockers. But I do like the idea of dive enough that your gear is always wet. :D

I live in what is considered a good-sized flat just outside London. Everything goes in the bathroom to dry. Once dry, my bp/w, regs, mask, fins, gloves, hood, smb, etc go back into my gear bag and stored next to my bed. My drysuit goes back into it's bag, as do my undergarments, and there's a nice little crevice underneath the bathroom sink that they fit nicely in. My wetsuits, since they don't get much (or any) use in the UK, are in the wardrobe in the hall with things such as jackets.

I am doing a redesign for storage. Ultimately I want to finish the bathroom in the basement and have a tub in there I can rinse gear. Right not it all gets rinsed in the 1st floor laundry and brought down stairs to be hung on BC and other scuba hangers from the 1" copper water line running through part of the basement ceiling. Eventually it will be more like the one that hangs right over the tub as seen earlier.

Once dry - fins, mask wrist computer and retractor compass (both stored in my mask case) all get packed in my gear bag with my BC on top. Regulator gets coiled and packed in the regulator case. Dry suit gets rolled and stored in the bag with the hood and dry gloves after a quick zipper wax and talc on the latex seals.

Planning on storing the wet suit stuff that doesn't get used until we go on a tropical trip in stackable plastic containers and have one container with "stuff" (extra boots, gloves, hoses, dive float, lights...) Need to get more organized than I am now, but it is a work in progress.

here/like this (once dry):

DSCN3456.jpg

tanks and wet-suits not shown here....

Back
Top Bottom