Stowing stage bottle regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omg you only stow it under one band in OW!!!! Shame on you!!!

Indeed :)

Maybe I should go add clips to all my regs to make up for it. Maybe I will add one to my necklace second stage too, so I can clip it off to a D-ring to avoid getting entangled when doffing my gear in the water.

Maybe one on my Argon hose too --- you never know, right ?

There are also times in OW, when it's (on the bottom at least) important to have it "right" as in wrecks like the Sacramento here which is essentially a ginormous ball of fishing line with some wooden structure interspersed...

mck%20684.jpg

this is turner. you can see the clips there. it's a wonder any of the guys made it back alive

So that I can understand the relative amount of effort between clipping or fully-stowing the regulator: do you use one hand or two to stuff the LP hose under the restrictive bands?

If you can do it one-handed in (presumably) cold water gloves, you're a better man than I. No-glove cave wizardry don't count. :mooner:

We were also taught to restow the deco regs rather clipping off for gas breaks. Aside from being how we were taught, it also just seems to me to be better practice. Not like you have anything better to do for 6 minutes or however long you make your gas breaks.

Also, stowing under one band was ok, but stowing under two bands is better/cleaner. As a matter of practice, I typically take the time to stow my deco reg under two bands particularly if there is no time or environmental pressure not to do so. It doesn't take much extra effort and just makes things cleaner.

doing it a little easier is a consideration at the end of a long dive that just beat you up for a couple hours straight. especially when the only consideration is rule 6.

we're not all diving out of a GUE/UTD textbook :wink: I think some people here even clip scooters off to the right D ring and trap the long hose! OH NOES!!!1

but like I said in my post, not everyone does it this way and it really doesn't matter one bit. everyone in my team does.

the bolt snap will be between the bottle and your body when you're not breathing it so it's not going to snag and when it's on a leash it's no more likely to snag anything than the tail clip on the bottle rigging. especially when it's tucked away.

it really is amazing what will stimulate conversation around here and what wont lol

OK let's talk about stuff that matters then.

How wide are your stage rubber bands? And I mean millimeters, not inches. I heard there is a formula which gives you exact measurement depending on water temp, salinity and team members max. BMI. I also heard that Firestone is way more resistant to fish gunk than Pirelli and that Michelin is just plain unreliable. No name inner tubes have no place in diving.

Absolute gold for AL40 is 1998 (OEM from Firestone obviously) performance inner tubes for Craftsman Yard Tractor, which regretfully were only produced for 7 months, due to factory in Detroit being downsized. You can still find them on eBay or at various places in Kansas, Oklahoma and Ohio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom