Streamlined 35 lb singles wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is just my opinion but if I ditch my rig I don’t care if it floats, I would rather it sink than me.

This is just my opinion but if I ditch my rig I don’t care if it floats, I would rather it sink than me.
Yes, of course, in an emergency. I remember a video where they telling a story when they were diving from a rib. They had to take off their rigs in the water to get back aboard. One lost their everything because they didn't have enough lift to float the rig.

Yes, of course, in an emergency. I remember a video where they telling a story when they were diving from a rib. They had to take off their rigs in the water to get back aboard. One lost their everything because they didn't have enough lift to float the rig.
Yes but in those situations I use different gear or pull weights

Do you put the weight belt over or under the harness crotch strap?

When the weight belt is over the crotch strap; It lays on top of the bottom of the back plate and is uncomfortable. When the weight belt is under the crotch strap; it can not be ditched easily.

Do you put the weight belt over or under the harness crotch strap?
I put it under. It's extremely unlikely I would ever need to ditch weight. I'm OK taking 5 second instead of 2 seconds if I do.

A more likely event is losing the belt, which is mitigated by being under the crotch strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom