Strobes wich to choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LULA

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone

Can anyone give me info on some models of strobes ?? I'd like one that don't have backup light I presume that a strobe serves only the funcion of strobe wold be more powerfull.

Thak you

I mean the signaling strobes not photo

Thks

Do you mean a tank marker, or a strobe to mark entry point/anchor or similar?
IMO, strobes are OK for a location marker, like to mark the entry point in murky water, but bad for tank/buddy markers. Nobody wants a flashing light in their peripheral vision. I'd do a search for "tank marker light" or similar, there was some discussion on here.
gomi_

I've been waiting for the Lithium version of the Glo-Toob to come out:

http://www.glo-toob.com/

The Lithium version was supposed to be available in July ...

Looks like it would be a nice marker light and now (or soon maybe) available for a more easily available battery, which ought to give it tremendous run-time.

Henrik

Just checked up on the Glo-Toob Lithium; the release date has been pushed back yet again. Now it will - supposedly - be available by the end of September .. time will tell.

Henrik

The question is what do you want the strrobe for? Night diving or for I am screwed the boat left with out me and now it is dark?

For night diving I too find strobes to be suck on a person. They are a fine marker for the boat.

For the save my butt - Jotron makes a nice one

JOTRON AQ-4 Personal Strobe

The question is what do you want the strrobe for? Night diving or for I am screwed the boat left with out me and now it is dark?

The strobe is for the second choice "I am screwed the boat left with out me and now it is dark".I have one with a light wich
I don't find very usefull and the strobe it self is not very powerfull.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom