Stuart Cove 2 tank dive or shark dive? also snorkle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnmpcny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are on NCL coming in the 28th at 8am. SC tells us we can do the two tank or shark dive. Which dive do you think we should do, like doing a James Bond dive but the sharks sounds great. I am 51 and have over 75 dives, son is 16 and has about 10 open water dives and his first time in the ocean.

SC will pick us up at 11:30 and the need to back at 6pm. So what do we do to from 9 am 11:00 any shore or snorkeling? Any other options. I asked if can get there before noon and snorkel or do a early and they told us the am dives before our ship can get us there

Thanks all

Definitely do the sharks. It's a fantastic dive and once in a lifetime experience.

The shark dive is two dives too. The first is a dive over the wall, with the sharks around and about you. The second is at the same location, sat on the shallow floor (Maybe 45-50'), positioned in a circle for the feed.
(There are deviations from this. But so rare as to be very unlikely)

I'm sure there'll be opportunities aplenty to go snorkeling. Either booked in transit or just walk west out of the port along the main road for about a half mile to (is it) Junkanoo beach? Just west of the Colonial Hilton. If you're really adventurous, you might consider jumping on a Jitney bus and heading further west along the north coast to say, Cable Beach or even Caves Beach (Near Orange Hill) and having SC's pick you up from there. (assuming you have your own kit with you.)

FYI, i dont know quite what state moving round town is, either on foot or by motor transport currently. They've just have a bit of a fire down there. Firefighters battle Betty K Office fire downtown - Photos | Nassau / Paradise Island, Bahamas | Bahamas Local News - Nassau / Paradise Island, Bahamas

Agree... definitely do the shark dive. Very memorable

I did the shark dive this summer and it was amazing...you should def do it. Depending on your budget you should see what morning stuff Stuart Cove's has going on. I think their morning 2 tanks probably leave on or before 9 but they might have another morning snorkel trip that you could do and then not have to hassle rushing to SC's in time for your shark dive...

We did the 2 tank dive, son (16) was on his first ocean dive and did not want the sharks. It was very nice day. SC is big operation and you kind of like cattle when you get there. Many Learn to scuba and cruise ship snorkel people in line. After check and getting on the boat all was fine. 2 DM and maybe 10 of us of various levels.

They let the air suckers go up and the the rest of us keep diving, over all a very nice time..

In fact going back in Feb 26th as we will be cruising again and wife can dive this time.

Back
Top Bottom