Stupid Wetsuit Question- what do you do with the zipper leash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Do you just let it hang down and "cover" with your BC or is there some other trick?

Heading for my OW certification dives in a few weeks and I don't want to look like an idiot.

Thanks in advance.

I just let it hang. The BC usually covers it up. I have never seen anyone worry about where it is so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Good luck on your OW Cert.

Chad

Remember....there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Chad

If your concerned, take a close look. On my new 3mm suit, the zipper pull has a little piece of velcro on the end, and a little piece of velcro at the bottom of the zipper, so it sticks on that way.

So if your concerned about it, take a look, you might have that feature, if not it'd be pretty easy to add it.

Has anyone ever thought of cutting of the zipper and then attaching it with a bolt snap, it seems that you could then simply snap it on, zip up, then snap it off and through it in your bag, then repeat in reverse to get out of your suit. I know this seems like an awful amount of work but it seems like it might be worth it to not have that long cord presenting an entanglement hazard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom