Subway Watersports owner murdered

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did my DM in Cozumel and my IDC in Roatan, in 2002. Ok, but even then someone tried to kill me. And an Italian stabbed to Hondurans in West End. Honduras is the Wild West. I recommend Playa del Carmen and/ or Cozumel, for places close to the US and Canada.

Just got back from Roatan and Patrick's death is still being talked about. From some reliable sources, it turns out he screwed over some locals big time for a long time. The Americans and Canadians I know there said he was arrogant and got involved in deals where he screwed the wrong people. Also, if you live on Roatan, you are allowed to own a gun(s). Obviously, from reading the above posts, this type of thing never happens anywhere else....especially Mexico.

Recently staying at a dive resort there...Out of site to most folks it became evident that the place was surrounded by an 8 foot wall with barbed wire and armed guards were posted....Walking through the streets on West End military style police armed with M-16's weren't there to keep the peace....they were there to protect the tourists....Sad state of affairs for a paradise....

Just got back from Roatan and Patrick's death is still being talked about. From some reliable sources, it turns out he screwed over some locals big time for a long time. The Americans and Canadians I know there said he was arrogant and got involved in deals where he screwed the wrong people. Also, if you live on Roatan, you are allowed to own a gun(s). Obviously, from reading the above posts, this type of thing never happens anywhere else....especially Mexico.

There's always a back story. It's difficult to know exactly what to believe on Roatan. Like all small communities, gossip travels like wild fire.

I'm with Doc. Be smart, know where to go, and stay in a decent place. In fact, I've been at CCV with Doc. They are good people. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom