Success teaching younger divers????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
And their dad was such a nice, humble and reasonable fellow. :wink: (Good looking too!)

Let's not forget modest as well!

Joe

Look at the date! She'll be 17 soon.

Thats funny, I wonder how it worked out.

This topic does come up quite often, I don't see why kids can't get certified at a young age. It isn't mandatory to dive the Doria with your 11 year old is it? I think scuba gear works in shallow calm water too.

Hello again all, Kryssa asked me to give an update of my post from so many years ago. Ok Here goes. At that point she never got certified. However we recently went to Cozumel and she took a resort course at El Cozumeleno with "ANNA". My daughter is 16 as of March 5th. She did very well and we opted for a shore dive with "Anna" at a nearby beach to 25'. Since my first posting she was diagnosed with "Tourette's Syndrome" and it has been a roller coaster ride the past few years not only for her, but for our whole family. She is currently a Junior and a Cheer Leader on her HS team. Since Coz this summer I have just completed my Instructor cert. w/ IANTD. Hopefully by next spring/summer I will be instructing her myself. Thanks for the interest Kryssa. :D

Check with your local PADI shop and see if they offer the Seal Team program. I taught that once a while back for a small group and it was a lot of fun. If that is not an option then priviate Discover Scuba would be a great option. It will keep her interested without putting on any pressure to complete a full course.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom