Suggestions for Dive Holiday, 17-25 October, 2015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

huskychemist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got one week to dedicate to a dive holiday in October and I'm trying to find options. I currently live in Bangkok, so I'd be flying out of there. I'm looking for either a liveaboard or dive resort where I can get 4 dives per day, including a night dive, each day of my trip. My budget isn't incredibly high, but luxury accomodations aren't a must either.

Any suggestions within Malaysia?

Thanks.
Lowell

Hi Lowell,

4 dives per day in difficult in Malaysia because usually the minimum divers is 3 before they go out at night. So expect a maximum of 3 dives anywhere in Malaysia. Dive operators are not so big, not like the huge live-aboards like in Thailand.

If you like to combine some night life, and fair prices, I would recommend Perhentian (small island). Tenggol is great for Macro, and there is some night diving available too, but getting there is more of a hassle and the prices are a bit higher. Also at Tenggol you can expect strong currents, and is more suitable for Advanced divers. I have guided some dives there last year and know what I'm talking about.

I have written some reviews about different dive sites in Malaysia and the operators that I felt comfortable with, have a look at my site: ScubaDutch · Reviews-Malaysia

Drop me a PM or email through the contact form on the website if you require some additional information.

Happy diving!

Cheers, Rogier

Back
Top Bottom