Suggestions for Diving Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halemano:
Prodiver and B&B are first out of the ramp/harbor ~ 6am. If the second dive is the St. Anthony, after an 80ft Molokini dive, you will be back before 10. If the first dive is shallower/longer followed by Red Hill drift you will be back closer to 11, especially if there are whales during transit.

HeyJT, you didn't mention when you would be on Maui. If you are here during a busy period there are usually 2 and sometimes 3 trips per boat per day. I like to take pictures and the 2nd trips have much better light for ambient photography. The real reason for the early first trips is to mostly beat the trades on the second trip.

My most fantastic trips have predominantly been seconds and the few fantastic first trips had crappy photos. Sometimes the wind howls on the way back to the ramp but winter has much less wind than summer and my mom skied a lot of moguls the winter before my birth so our mildly rough tradewind seas are no problem for me.

To each his own.
I'll be in Maui April 5th through the 16th, 2007.

If that's during spring break second trips are probable available, dedpending on conditions.

kidspot:
drop me a PM when the time gets closer and if my work schedule permits I'll be glad to do a dive or two with ya'.

You might also consider diving the Lanai Cathedrals with Extended Horizons or Lahaina Divers - both leave out of the Lahaina area.

Aloha, Tim

Hi Tim,

I'll send you a PM as requested. Hopefully we can get a dive or two in.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom