Suggestions for Florida Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inotec

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm taking a trip with our local club Feb 2-3, will be traveling from S. Carolina to Crystal River, Ginny Springs. I would like to dive a day or two on the way down, on the coast (East or, maybe, Gulf). Any suggestions? Thanks.

For Atlantic dives weekdays, you will have to go to a place like Jupiter which is about 250+ miles from where your trip is planned to go. Suggestion if you have an extra day: Devil's Den in Williston. It is one of the more "cave-like" places you can dive, while still being an open water diver. Everyone should dive that once.

Yeah Jupiter is a bit far - I was born a few miles from there. I've been to Devil's Den a few times and seen about all there is to see, not being a cave diver. Anyway thanks for responding.

Well,there's Blue Grotto a neat little deep dive around 95 ffw, Vortex Springs offers a forgiving cave dive thats lit with rope lights and Rainbow River is always a good dive,Loyd Bridges trained alot of divers there.
It's true,the upper gulf pool is closed but warmer days will be here soon!
Enjoy your trip.

If you get the chance dive Jupiter I like the Jupiter dive Center they do a great job i was there over the holidays did 4 great dive saw Huge turtles, sharks, rays, Goliath grouper the visibility was 100 ft at 85 ft water temps in the high seventies well worth the travel time and money IMHO :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom