suggestions for Lake Erie dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveC426913

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for some easy-access dives in L. Erie between Port Stanley and Turkey Point. There's sure a lot on Long Point, but how accessible are they?

My buddy and I are intermediate open water divers and we want to find some sites that can be accessed w/o chartering a boat (or easily/cheaply chartering anyway.) We've done cold, night, current, and deep(ish) (<85').

I'm looking over some websites dedicated to L. Erie diving but they don't always have the info I need to assess the feasability of diving it.

Maybe you could make some suggestions and provide a few vital stats about them? (If you don't provide em, the first thing I'm going to do is ask you for entry directions, etc.)

BTW, it doesn't have to be in L. Erie either. Really I'm looking for anything between Toronto and London. Already done Innerkip and St. Mary's quarries. Any others?

I would suggest you look at jumping on one of the charters with Long Point divers. They are really reasonably priced and I am sure just what you are looking for.

There really isn't much you are going to find in the way of shore dives, At least I have never heard of any worth doing due to how shallow it is for a long ways out.

The other thing you could look at is heading to the St Clair river in Sarnia and do some shore drift dives but if you have no experience there you should get someone to take you and show you the ropes as you really need to know what you're doing there.

If you don't mind the drive to the Niagara area, you can do a lot of drift diving in the Chippawa and Niagara Rivers.
There are many locations where the entry and exit points are in public areas so there's no charter fees.
These are mostly, easy dives with very few hazard, but it's probably best to hook up with one of the local groups to learn about the dives before you head out on your own.
We've had lots of fun in these rivers in the last many years.

PM me if you want some more specific information.

Back
Top Bottom