Suggestions for October 17-25, 2015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The liveaboard doesn't limit my diving while I'm on it. Rather, for an eight night/nine day trip the liveaboard will not fill the entire trip. Depending on how the transfers/timing work out, I could lose a day of diving in the middle. Then, when the liveaboard is finished, I end up shore diving. Thailand doesn't have any (that I know of...) dive resorts where you can get four to five dives a day. So my nine days is now five days on a liveaboard, with three days of two dives per day based on most schedules. That's the issue I'm having with the liveaboard.

Having done a resort trip to Lembeh, I'm not bothered by that. Having learned what I've learned from this conversation and some others, I think I'll save the Similans for the better weather season, since I'm living here and know that I can come back at some point in the future.

As for Losin, sounds interesting. Thanks for the link. Could I make a full trip out of Losin?

Thanks everybody for the discussion. I am very appreciative!

Lowell
So for liveaboard: depart on your arrival day, next 43 days 4 dives per day, on day of return 2 more dives.
Following day start daytrips, quite often here 3 dives per day.

That really is maximizing your divetime, unless you decide to do 2 liveaboards back to back :)

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I've decided to hit Bali for October to avoid the possibility of poor weather/conditions at the start of the season for the Similans. Given that I live here, I'll just hit them in the winter/spring some other year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom