Suggestions for shore diving destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the OP seems to have ruled out Bonaire due to lack of activities on shore that aren't too "touristy," but you're right that Curacao might be more to his liking.

Lopez116

We stayed at Marazul Dive Resort. The condos there are all individually owned and you can find them on VRBO or Home Away. Marazul also has a website. Each of the condos are a little different, so make sure to ask questions about what is included.

Being from Switzerland, have you considered going to Dahab on the Red Sea. Probably the best shore diving in the world. MUCH better than Belize, and much closer for you. No forests, but great Wadis, St Catherines Monastery and a nice place to chill and hang out. I used to work there way back and loved it. Went for a month and stayed nearly 3 years.

Being from Switzerland, have you considered going to Dahab on the Red Sea. Probably the best shore diving in the world. MUCH better than Belize, and much closer for you. No forests, but great Wadis, St Catherines Monastery and a nice place to chill and hang out. I used to work there way back and loved it. Went for a month and stayed nearly 3 years.

See Post #5. Dahab has been suggested.

Since the OP hasn't been back to this thread in a while, I assume he's found something suitable.

Curacao might be small but there is, besides 100 diving sites, a lot going on. Good restaurants, Some parcs, Nightlife, parties, tours (for instance to Klein Curacao).

Kind regards

As mentioned, Bonaire would top most Diver's list of the best shore diving locations in the world. It may be a little small for you though, but most of the good shore diving seems to occur on islands. Hanauma Bay on the south end of Oahu is pretty good (especially if you dive the outer reef), but its been some time since I was there. East Bali has great shore diving (I'd recommend the Mimpi Dive Resort in Tulamben). In the Philippines it's Mindoro Island. And then there's Roatan... I better stop, it makes my eyes red just thinking about it... :)

Did anyone mention Bonaire?

Sent via Tapatalk+Autocorrupt

How about Bonaire?

Or maybe Bonaire?

Back
Top Bottom