Suggestions for Weight Trim Pockets that can be attached directly to Backplates (to fit between BP and Wing in a SINGLE Tank kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I need suggestions for weight trim pockets that can be attached directly to standard backplates, SINGLE Tank kit, to fit between the backplate and the wing please. I am NOT looking for trim pockets that are attached to the tank straps, I only want the type that is attached directly to backplate and fit between backplate and wing.

I don't want/need to buy a backplate, I have lots of backplates. Just need the pockets if they are available.

I appreciate links to respective mfg. pages please.

NOTE: SINGLE Tank kit.

Thank you.

I looked at these a while ago but they have two issues. First they require the channel slots on both sides of the pocket. The BP's I have have screw holes on the other edge of the plate not slots. Second These pockets use the slot that are used for the tank bands. I don't use an STA, I need these slots for the tank bands, not sure if the pockets leave any room for the tank bands.
1675177816411.png

This is the BP's I have:

1675179103950.png

Attachments

• 1675177683329.png
    1675177683329.png
    483.5 KB · Views: 61
There are soft "plates" like this

I friend of mine uses one off ali express and it works like a charm for him.

I looked at these a while ago but they have two issues. First they require the slots on both sides of the pocket. The BP's I have have screw holes on the other edge of the plate not slots. Second These pockets use the slot that are used for the tank bands. I don't use an STA, I need these slots for the tank bands, not sure if the pockets leave any room for the tank bands.

Those do look interesting, but I too have a similar issue. While I do use an STA, so I don't need the inside channel slot, my DGX plate has holes all along the edges and does not have a 2nd outer slot. Bummer. I would have considered purchasing a pair for the times I'd like to add another 2-4 lbs to my DGX plate.

The DIY approach is pretty easy. Drill a couple holes and bolt a length of 2" webbing run through a trim pocket.

The DIY approach is pretty easy. Drill a couple holes and bolt a length of 2" webbing run through a trim pocket.

Yes, this was my last resort. I wanted a "clean" ready made solution but I guess not :)

This....

Or just take a belt style pouch, punch a hole in the webbing on the back and attach to BP with a book screw. For a temporary solution, like you are on a dive boat and find yourself a little light, you can just zip tie weights right to the BP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom