Suits and BP/W for Wreck Valley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerardnealon:
thanks for the suggestion. What is the website for FredT? I dive dry so I will most likely get the SS BP. But I thought about getting the Aluminum one for Caribean dives. I also wanted to get the weighted STA to ditch some more weight. Unfortuatly 6# BP + 6# STA is not enough to have no weight belt. I thought about the channel weight, I might go that direction. Since I dive dry i dont think its a big deal if I dont have any ditchable weight. Thanks again.

Gerard

Fred is on this board. pm FredT and ask him to send you his list. good luck

VTernovski:
I can't find it either, but his email is ftagge@goldinc.com, he is also here on the board, his username is FredT

I'm diving a FredT Heavy also. (.188 316ss, it's 9 lbs.)
He makes them thicker and heavier, if you need it.

Like Izzy said, if you PM him he'll send you all the info.

If you want to see them online, he also sells them through...
never mind, he use to sell them through american underwater lighting,
but it seems like their site aulinc.com has turned into a MicroBrew / DPV repair site???

Ok so now I call the dive shop with my Halcyon intentions and he tells me I'd be better off with an Oxycheq wing #40 because it's more rugged. So now I'm looking at one of the Dive Rite Harness systems, a Dive Rite BP, and the Oxycheq #40 wing. I have to call back and see if it's the new signature series or not. It's about the same amount of money as the Halcyon setup so it all sounds good to me. I would be interested in your thoughts on this setup. Thanks guys.

I've heard the Oxycheq is really rugged.

The Halcyon has probably the most rugged inflator out there though, all SS.

Marcos:
Ok so now I call the dive shop with my Halcyon intentions and he tells me I'd be better off with an Oxycheq wing #40 because it's more rugged. So now I'm looking at one of the Dive Rite Harness systems, a Dive Rite BP, and the Oxycheq #40 wing. I have to call back and see if it's the new signature series or not. It's about the same amount of money as the Halcyon setup so it all sounds good to me. I would be interested in your thoughts on this setup. Thanks guys.

I have 45# oxycheq wings, and the corrugated hose was way too long, so I bought Halcyon hoses (both inflator and corrugated) from my LDS and replaced it myself. That was an unnecessary $25 extra out of my pocket. Just food for thought.... although I hear you can request Oxycheq to put any hose length you want to begin with, which is a must thing to do before they ship the wing out to do.

I don't have any knowledge about diverite wings, but I would not get them. I just don't like anything that diverite makes. call it personal preference or whatever, but last time I looked at their plates, I didn't like them. OMS or Halcyon plates are nicer. If you want cheaper plate, then definitely go with FredT. One thing to keep in mind about Halcyon harness - if you buy a compete kit with the BP and a wing, it will come with all the minor things like bicycle tubing for the scout lights and inflator hose. also, the D-rings are nice and bent. Also, the crotch strap is nice! it's 2" and soft.

I'm not sure when you purchased your 45lb wing but the standard inflator used is only about 2in longer than the halycon one so it works out about the same since the positioning is closer to the center. The original batch of wings he had had hoses that were a bit longer..
I find that most people ask me to get a slightly longer hose than he normally ships it with..
The signature series wing is by far the heaviest wing on the market.. the outer bag is durable as hell and the inner bag is by far the heaviest in the industry (its the next grade down from a water bed liner)..

Why did you replace the whole inflator? all you had to do is cut the corrigated hose, the LP hose might be slightly long but thats a cheap replacement..

Yep, I was one of a first few people to get the Oxycheq wings, so that was the first batch of wings, the hose was huge! I guess Patrick took care of that now.

I didn't repalce the whole inflator. Where did you get that? I just changed the LP hose and the corrigated hose. Didn;t have to cut anything either, (except the zip ties), and my LDS charged $25 fo rboth hoses...was I ripped off?

padiscubapro:
I'm not sure when you purchased your 45lb wing but the standard inflator used is only about 2in longer than the halycon one so it works out about the same since the positioning is closer to the center. The original batch of wings he had had hoses that were a bit longer..
I find that most people ask me to get a slightly longer hose than he normally ships it with..
The signature series wing is by far the heaviest wing on the market.. the outer bag is durable as hell and the inner bag is by far the heaviest in the industry (its the next grade down from a water bed liner)..

Why did you replace the whole inflator? all you had to do is cut the corrigated hose, the LP hose might be slightly long but thats a cheap replacement..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom