Sunshine Coast - HMAS Brisbane in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nettie-NZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i'm going to be over on the Sunshine Coast for a few days in early August and it sounds like the other half is willing to give me a leave pass to go and dive the HMAS Brisbane.

Just wondering what the water temp is likely to be and whether it's 7mm wet suit temps or dry suit temps?

Thanks!

I would expect it to be about 19-20C. I would dive in a 7mm, with a hooded vest, but may be a little cold, my buddy will dive dry. This will be a double dive so you will have an hours SIT. I have dived this a few times and divers that are cold on the first dive tend to chill down on the boat and the second dive is not so much fun.

I have only dived with Sunreef and they stay on the mooring for the SIT, and provide a hot drink. The other operator Scuba World return to the jetty, I don't expect this to be warmer

But if you are from NZ your tolerance for cooler water may be much better than us Queenslanders.

Back
Top Bottom