Super secret DIR equipment? Post your stories (all in good fun)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O....M....G.
I finally found the Warhammer maneuver pic.
I've seen octopus do something like that.

O....M....G.
I finally found the Warhammer maneuver pic.
I've seen octopus do something like that.

eyebleach.jpg

Hope that helps.

DC

LOL, and I use a 400g in 50-53 F water.

I still dive wet at that temp. But only for about 20 minutes.:cold:

Gotta wonder about the weird doctor lady reference though...

I assumed he was referring to Lynn (TS&M)

:eyebrow:

You can also start out with a 5' hose that doesn't need routing under a light can. But you're gonna love having a light can in our waters :D!

I cant do a goodman handle can light because of the large camera rig. I have a nocturnal lights setup thats good for fill lighting as well as a very nice focus light. The only drawback is that it eats up the batteries. Has anyone figured out how to wire up a can light battery pack to a dslr rig?

I cant do a goodman handle can light because of the large camera rig. I have a nocturnal lights setup thats good for fill lighting as well as a very nice focus light. The only drawback is that it eats up the batteries. Has anyone figured out how to wire up a can light battery pack to a dslr rig?

If you have an 18W or 21W Halcyon, Salvo, Leviathan, or Light Monkey HID you can switch between a goodman handle and a video reflector. You can also purchase an additional light and add a Y connector with E/O plugs and hook up two lights or more at once.

I get about 6 hours of burn time with one light and 3 with two. Here is link to a short night dive video with two of the above lights.

YouTube - Turks and Caicos Octopus Scuba Night Dive

Back
Top Bottom