Supporting your local Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also supported my local dive shop but being new to diving I am questioning the legitamacy of spending upwards of 25% more at the local dive shop (even though they are a wonderful Mom & Pop operation) as opposed to the internet...any comments

Damien369:
I have also supported my local dive shop but being new to diving I am questioning the legitamacy of spending upwards of 25% more at the local dive shop (even though they are a wonderful Mom & Pop operation) as opposed to the internet...any comments

ONLY 25% more!!!! It sounds like you are getting what most would consider a great bargain. Are you sure you are looking at the right places on the internet?

My LDS is charging almost 100% more than internet prices, then offering a 10% student discount. Kind of hard to support them with prices like that.

I live in a town with 3 LDS. The shop I started with has a lot of inventory and is nice to shop around in. The local dive club is hell bent on never using their name or services, guess it's some past problems? I want to be a part of the local club, but I feel like a tall dark stranger come to town using my shop of choice. They only talk about and use their choice. So there is no local pond/pit diving, only being able to go on $100 plus excursions, which can get pretty expensive when you just want to get wet locally. It seems a local dive club would be more open in promoting all LDS.

Back
Top Bottom