Sure is Slow here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hadn't seen that one before.

Interesting website but I am curious as to why they're market a singles week with the price for double occupancy displayed prominently and a little tiny +$250 for singles off to the side. Seems to me that an event issued at singles would assume that atendees would be booking and arriving as singles...Maybe roomates are issued.

Bring a wingman.

222.jpg

A lot of times you can negotiate the single supplement to be $0 dollar, therefore you pay the double occupancy rate and get a room to yourself. This of course is at times when the resort is pretty sure they wont get booked to capacity. I have also found a lot of resorts that will find you a roomate so that you can get the double occupancy rate, I would take a educated guess that is what fantasy island is doing for its singles week.

Hummm, I hadn't considered that the single supplement might be negotiable, I've always worked on the idea that the resort is assuming they'll be fully booked and how choked I'd be if I booked in advance as a single and arrived at the resort only to find it half full. I haven't run across that finding you a roomate thing before, cheers, thanks that clears up some confusion.

RoatanMan..I'd consider my self extremely lucky if I could bring along a wingman I've put the word out, so to speak but find it impossible to find anyone else whose interested in doing a dive trip on the dates I usually travel. Not to mention the hassles i get from Canada customs upon returning.." I don't believe you'd travel, alone to Asia/Central America..who did you meet up with ? " they ask as they're going through the photos on my camera.

I feel your pain Stout. As an American female coming through Canadian customs alone, I am NOT shown the Canadian hospitality I usually receive when I'm up north. :wink: Custom agents never seem to buy that I would go on a dive trip alone, or that my husband would LET me. LOL Worst thing is, now I seem to be flagged. Even when I take the kids up for a hockey game or just for a quick weekend we're pulled over, searched and questioned. The worst thing I've had on me was a meat sandwich. One time they asked me if I had hair spray, I misheard and blurted out in astonishment, "BEAR spray?!" Thinking wth would I be doing with bear spray and wth is that anyway? Well... I won't go into how excited that got them. :shocked2:

Canada Customs...they're a delight aren't they ?

Here I was thinking that i was hard done buy for having to get "processed" by US customs last year, carrying my big red plastic card, following the red line down to the special area and having to answer questions about my parentage.

Coming back through Houston earlier this year, US Immigration asks me if I go to Honduras often, I reply that I hadn't been there in 10 years, then they ask me whether I owned a house down there.

Then I get home to Canada..

Once, coming back from Thailand, Canada Customs pulled me over for some detailed inspection. They have my bag on the x-ray thing and they're grilling me about having a switchblade in my luggage. I'm saying no, they're asking me if I have a knife, I'm saying yes, but it's sheath dove knife, a little tiny thing, the worst weapon in the world, but, hey, it's screwed to my LPI. They're going on about the knife, wondering why there appears to be a spot on the blade, I'm saying I have no idea what that is, let's open the bag and we can explore together, they're say in "no" and continue with the questions, like "Does the knife have a hole in the blade?" I say 'huh" the Customs agent reaches into her pocket, whips out this knife with a six inch blade, flicks it open, lo and behold, there's a hole in the blade, for what ? neither of us could figure, maybe it was for hanging it up.

By now, I'm trying not to hum the circus music that's running through my head as I figure that would get me the rubber glove treatment for sure.

This year will be the first time I'll be traveling with a laptop and I'm seriously thinking about taking a recovery disk with me to wipe the hard drive and speed up my customs experience. :D

yep....sure is slow here.

Once, coming back from Thailand, Canada Customs pulled me over for some detailed inspection. They have my bag on the x-ray thing and they're grilling me about having a switchblade in my luggage. I'm saying no, they're asking me if I have a knife, I'm saying yes, but it's sheath dove knife, a little tiny thing, the worst weapon in the world, but, hey, it's screwed to my LPI. They're going on about the knife, wondering why there appears to be a spot on the blade, I'm saying I have no idea what that is, let's open the bag and we can explore together, they're say in "no" and continue with the questions, like "Does the knife have a hole in the blade?" I say 'huh" the Customs agent reaches into her pocket, whips out this knife with a six inch blade, flicks it open, lo and behold, there's a hole in the blade, for what ? neither of us could figure, maybe it was for hanging it up.
This was very difficult to read. I think I got half the story. :s

Oh, dat's right, you fellas don speak da same language.

Picture11-3.png

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called Christian.

The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian," I'm fed up with being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten."

A large mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted"

And lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.

Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.

Time passed (as it invariably does) and Justin found life as a shark boring and lonely.

All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realize that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn. He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, he found himself turned back into a prawn.

With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail.

Looking around the gathering at the reef he realized he couldn't see his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked.

"He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark", came the reply.

Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's house. As he opened the coral gate

The memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted," Justin, It's me, your old friend, come out and see me again."

Christian replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're a shark! And therefore the enemy, I'll not be tricked into being your dinner."

Justin cried back:

"No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed............I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian".

73,872,000 seconds or 855 days

However you look at it, you just couldn't leave it alone.

Two parrots are sitting on a perch. One asks, "Do you smell fish?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom