Sure is Slow here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roatan is "on the list" but it seems to be all about AI resorts and I'm not an AI kinda guy, especially as a single traveller where I get hit with that single supplement. Well I would if I booked in advance did you know that if I wanted to go to Fantasy Island in January 2012, I'd be shelling out over $300/night.

If looking to head to Roatan, talk to Reefhouse resort. In my experience they are very reasonable on singles prices.

I stay in West End in a nice place with decent rates and don't worry about singles rates vs double. I book my own dives at my favorite op and don't worry about the package deals.

Stout , Now you've done it!

There was a little old lady who was suffering from a degenerative eye condition that had left her nearly blind. She had three sons, and each wanted to prove that he loved her more than the others.

Son #1 bought her an expensive Mercedes, with a chauffeur included, thinking this would surely win her approval.

Son #2 bought her a 15-room mansion, thinking this would surely be the best that any of them could offer her.

Son #3 had to do something even better, so he decided to give her his most prized possession, a parrot that he had been training for 15 years to memorize the entire Bible. You could name any verse, and the parrot could quote it word for word. What a gift that would be!

Well, the old lady went to the first son and said, "Son, the car is beautiful. It has everything you could ever want on it, but I don't like to go out anymore, and the chauffeur is a nuisance, so please return the car."

Then she surprised her second son by saying, "Son, the house is just gorgeous, but it's much for me. I only live in one room, and it's too large to clean and take care of. I really don't need the house, but thank you anyway."

Finally, she went to Son #3 and said, "Son, I just want to thank you for your most thoughtful gift. That chicken was delicious."

(noting that even Captain Morgan's hasn't been posting here on :sblogo: since March 2012, but awndray must have taken a break from his Lionfish fever, he checked-in May 2013 the last time around)

RTBDiver is all that's missing.

Last edited:
Yea, it's been completely dead around here, figured I'd post something just to make sure the forum was still working.

The Utila dive seems to have fled this board. Remember when they used to be here. Alton's, UDC, Deep Blue, Captain Morgan's, the resort out in Cayos Cachinos.

Reactions: Doc
Commercial posters come and go, everybody's always selling something. When IDC or DM Schools have an internet savvy social media person (as an "intern" and/or indentured slave), posting and advertorials ensue for the duration of their tenure.

The BI Forum has gained a reputation for being argumentative, and I attribute this to the above mentioned flag waving. For such a small island, there are extreme diversities in u/w environments. Very few contributors have seen it all. We all know what we know.

I know it's hard to believe, but alcohol is often involved. Green or Brown? Monkey-LaLa my @$$.

i would like to report a wonderful week on utila.
on tuesday we snorkeled with a small whale shark (12') and a good sized pod of bottle nose dolphins. wednesday we took a day trip to cayos cochinos with utila cays diving, beautiful diving and underwater scenery (above water wasn't too bad either) and yesterday it was more whale sharks on the north side of utila.
the semana santa crowds have gone, water cay is once again our private island most days and all is good with our little corner of utila.

geez, I'd be a little weirded out with a randomly assigned "roommate" ....good god, you'd have no idea who you'd be getting. a-w-k-w-a-r-d

Back
Top Bottom