Surfing spots in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

San Juan, La Union is the nearest surf site from Manila. Quite a long ride, but the Partas bus will get you fast (5 hours) if you take their night trips. Surfing in San Juan is okay if you're still learning to ride.

Siargao's got big waves, most international competitions are held there. But near Siargao is Lanuza...this is a new surf site, smaller waves, much like California waves with sand bottom.

Daet in Camarines Norte is also good to catch those big Pacific waves. Baler in Aurora is also know for surfing. There is also a place in Zambales that's known for surfing.

I'm not sure if theres is a surf site near Pagudpod. Think this is near Laog.

SanJuan, Siargao, Lanuza & Aurora are the known places that rent our boards. Board rental ranges from 200pesos - 250 per hour. In Lanuza, P300 is good for a whole day.

Mike Veitch:
Bali in Oct for the photo shoot.. 1 week surf, 1 week photo with Mike, Dennis, and Larry and Catherine...

You know you want to... :wink:

Bali? but then I'd have to deal with all those Yobbo's from down-unda to fight for a wave... :wink: j/k

edit: Penn... thanks for the info... btw, do any of the viva hotbabes surf? :D

boljakool:
Daet in Camarines Norte is also good to catch those big Pacific waves. .

yup DAet is a good learning point. nice sandy stretch of sand.

pakman:
edit: Penn... thanks for the info... btw, do any of the viva hotbabes surf? :D[/QUOTE

don't know if any of them are into surfing. lemme find out....

boljakool:
pakman:
edit: Penn... thanks for the info... btw, do any of the viva hotbabes surf? :D[/QUOTE

don't know if any of them are into surfing. lemme find out....
funny thing is that will only take a couple mins... :wink:

San Juan is sandy too, so no problem getting crashed down by the waves . . . . . . . and waves just right for beginners at some point . . . here's some pix i had when i went surfin down there:

65.jpg

78.jpg

Back
Top Bottom